What does your X replace?

Tytanious

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
So what do you use less, or not at all, since you got your Droid X?

I have an iPad, and a Kindle. Since I got my Droid X I have only turned on my iPad to test the 3G Hotspot. (I watched an entire episode of South Park without interruption.) I can surf the net right on my X, with it's huge screen. Now with the Kindle app I don't need my Kindle. It's SO nice to have everything I need on one device. I just need to make sure I have my X and I can do everything I need to on it.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Replaces my Blackberry I guess.... I never really did web browsing on my Blackberry (at least not like I do on the DX), I would just use my iPod touch while listening to music. The browser on the DX is quite smooth and I use it now.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Replaces my GPS and my Zune HD 64GB (which I just bought in April -_- I got !@#$ed on that buy.)

The Navigation app on this thing is beast (you WILL need a car charger for longer trips) and I must say it trashes my TomTom One just for the sole fact that I don't need to pay for updated maps. As far as connectivity and accuracy is concerned, its just as good if not better. Plus the UI for Nav vs TomTom is significantly smoother and more efficient. And who doesn't love street view :)

As for music, I find myself not needing specific MP3's anymore. Pandora radio is low-key enough that I can easily pick a decent radio station and go about my business, something I cannot do with my Zune HD. I will say this, the Zune HD even with a 1.2" smaller screen is still superior for videos as it has so much dedicated space for just media, and it has an AMOLED screen. Not the best for sunlit scenarios but is still far more vibrant and pleasant. Not to say the Droid X has a bad screen, its super fine. Its just that I am 10x more cautious with a cell phone than I am with a PMP, so I have an anti-glare protector on my phone that hampers picture quality :(

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I replaced a Storm2 and i have to say i have not put this phone down since i've gotten it. Absolutley awesome phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

berny26

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
For phone purposes it replaces my LG EnV Touch. Best upgrade I've ever made.

It also replaces my Ipod Touch in settings where I don't have a laptop, but do have WiFi. I also do find myself using my laptop less.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
well, my x replaces my OG droid, but my OG droid replaced my garmin, itunes, and my ipod. i guess you could also say that it replaced yahoo mail, since i switched to gmail

Beezdeep#AC

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
It replaces my Blackberry Bold although there are things about the BB I do miss. Being able to place a call without looking/waking up phone/scrolling through menus is something I miss.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Replaces my Storm 2. It was a great messaging device, but the apps were rotten. I finally saw the light. The light is good. Go to the light, Carol-Anne.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair