Dead camera, but replacement is on its way...

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Got my X on launch day and it has been great, buy yesterday went to use the camera and nothing but a black screen...and go figure we are on vacation.

Called VZW, spoke to technical support and they determined the phone is bad. But, they are overnighting me a brand new one.

Anyone else have camera issues?

jerematic

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've had the same problem. I called Motorola, who informed me that it needs replacement and directed me to VZW. But unfortunately since I pre-ordered the phone from Best Buy, VZW won't replace it and I'm forced to wait on Best Buy to get more. Who knows when that will be.

It amazes me that Motorola doesn't replace their own phone, and instead sends me further down the line to wait. Plus calling their support department was an unpleasant experience. Overall, I'm not impressed with Motorola right now.

Last edited:

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Really? So if you call verizon or walk into a verizon store they'll tell you to head over to best buy? Wow. I bought mine at VZW and called them for support, I never imagined that they'll tell those bust buy folks to deal with BB for support/warranty issues. It is a verizon contract after all.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've had the same problem. I called Motorola, who informed me that it needs replacement and directed me to VZW. But unfortunately since I pre-ordered the phone from Best Buy, VZW won't replace it and I'm forced to wait on Best Buy to get more. Who knows when that will be.

It amazes me that Motorola doesn't replace their own phone, and instead sends me further down the line to wait. Plus calling their support department was an unpleasant experience. Overall, I'm not impressed with Motorola right now.

Best buy is under vzw, you can go through vzw for a phone purchased at best buy. My buddy does it with his BB.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

if you buy a brand new phone from best buy, you have best buy's 30/45 day warranty. If you have an issue, you can take it back there and get a brand new model.

Now, since a corporate store didn't sell the new equipment, they cannot exchange for new equipment. They can, however, send you a certified like new device.

You're in your 30 days, you decide. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084