How Stupid is Motorola

wmourer

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
So I am an early adopter of any new technology and it comes with it's pitfalls but it's an addiction I can't knock. So...How stupid is Motorola on the Droid X that if you install and use the Facebook (delivered app) that it automatically and with no option to over-ride, merges your Facebook contacts into your "Contacts" app. So now I have dead dogs and dead people in my "dialing" list.

Verizon suggests I don't use Facebook as a solution and after 2 Motorola open technical cases they say there is no fix.

How many of you might have Facebook on your Droix X but really DO NOT want those people, many of whom you can't even remember why you accepted their invite to be part of your CONTACT / Dial list.

Get real! This doesn't happen on the Doid Incredible (previous owner) the original Moto Droid (previous owner), but it sure does with the "X".

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't use the built in Facebook App...only use the one downloaded from the Market.

Go into your accounts and delete the facebook one. Then go to the market, download Facebook for Android, and voila. Access to facebook without killing your contacts list. And if you don't want to do that...just change the Display Group when your contact list is displayed.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
or you can just filter your contacts and have the best of both
I like having my FB contacts in my phone. I enjoy having everything merged into 1

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
with the DINC and DROID you had the option to synce with your facebook or just your contacts. on X its straight sync no options.

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
or you can just filter your contacts and have the best of both
I like having my FB contacts in my phone. I enjoy having everything merged into 1[/QUOTE

Isn't there two contact lists? A stand alone that can be sorted and one on a tab on the phone dialer that can't be sorted? Or am I missing something

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
its not just the DX...two guys thant work in my office just got new phones last week, one got an AT&T HTC Aria and the other a VZW Palm Pre Plus,...and they both had this happen with their FB contacts as well... I was annoyed with it at first too but it really hasnt materialized into any major issues yet. But I do have my ex wife and a bunch of ex girlfriends on there (because of Facebook of course)...so I definitely see how it could get dicey

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I personally hate this feature too. I uninstalled the my facebook account and just live without the social networking widgets. I did like the contact pictures syncing, but I didn't like doubling my contact list with people who I never talk to and also doubling up on contacts because alot of people don't have their full names in my phone.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When in the Contacts application: Press Menu > Display group > then select whichever contact list you want to view.

I actually love this feature, but I don't add people I don't know on Facebook, so I don't have 100,000 contacts to sort through.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It isn't an issue for me, either, since I only have 15 friends/family on my FB list. Only very close people I'd have in my contact list, anyway.

When I joined FB, I vowed not to let it take over my life...so I don't add people to the list at all.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
It isn't an issue for me, either, since I only have 15 friends/family on my FB list. Only very close people I'd have in my contact list, anyway.

When I joined FB, I vowed not to let it take over my life...so I don't add people to the list at all.

Someone that fully understands the fundamental idea behind Facebook...

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Why don't you just erase them from the contacts? I'm lost at how this is a serious issue...I barely look through my contacts all the main people I talk to have a contact widget.