I hope this isn't a repeate. I searched with no luck. Can someone please tell me how to set up FB notifications with out downloading the FB for android app. I know the FB app is more of a pain in the *** than anything so i REALLY don't want to download it.
    07-30-2010 11:42 AM
    You aren't going to get notification updates on the built in facebook or the "official app"

They both really kinda suck. If you want notifications you're going to have to download bloo or another app :/
    07-30-2010 11:44 AM
    I just got my x today but i had an Dinc with bloo on it and bloo didn't work on there. Do you use it? Does it work on the X? Thanks.
    07-30-2010 12:16 PM
    I use pure messenger. Works very well, and has a full page scrollable widget.
    07-30-2010 12:33 PM
    I hope this isn't a repeate. I searched with no luck. Can someone please tell me how to set up FB notifications with out downloading the FB for android app. I know the FB app is more of a pain in the *** than anything so i REALLY don't want to download it.
    Do a google search for bloo v1.5. Works great.
    07-30-2010 12:42 PM
    Have your notifications emailed to you.
    07-30-2010 01:32 PM
    I am using the beta version of bloo 1.5 on the droid X with little to no problems. Notifications always work - I have it set ti check every 30 minutes but you can go as low as every minute I believe. The only issue I have had from time to time is getting logged out of Facebook chat but that's an easy fix, just log back in.

Bloo - Facebook 1.4.4d is listed on appbrain but if you go to BLACKDROID.NET - BETA you can download the apk directly to your phone and use 1.5 with no problems
    07-30-2010 03:16 PM
    I do that but I would rather have them done on the phone directly. Don't ask me why. I guess its just because I'm not used to all of the awesome stuff these phones can do and I want to be able to do all of it, if that made any sense... Any way, Thanks for all of the suggestions. Ill be sure to try everything tonight.

One more quick question I don't have the time to search right now so I'm not going to post a new thread. When I view my photo gallery and select all photos or any of the selections and view them in the thumbnail view why does it go back to the main gallery screen when I start scrolling? It's extremely annoying. Thanks a lot.
    07-30-2010 06:50 PM
    I'm with you, I don't use an app for facebook just bookmarked the touch facebook site. When I get any kind of update,msg,comment I get en email, then just click email and it brings you to the touch site. Easy enough for me
    07-30-2010 07:36 PM
    I tried bloo 1.5. All i really want to be able to do is upload pictures right from my phone. Every time i try do that using bloo it says and error occurred while processing your request. Is there any other way to upload pictures to facebook right from my phone. I don't see any place to do it from the touch website.
    08-01-2010 11:42 AM
    Is best to dl the Facebook app. Its more use full then the one on the x. And u ask but will I get notifications. Well I do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-01-2010 01:09 PM
    I'm with you, I don't use an app for facebook just bookmarked the touch facebook site. When I get any kind of update,msg,comment I get en email, then just click email and it brings you to the touch site. Easy enough for me
    I'm doing the same thing. I have an unlimited text package so I have my notifications sent to me via text message. And I use the touch site whenever I need to do any other Facebook functions. I don't see much advantage to having an app that isn't reliable. The touch site is simply a couple more clicks but that doesn't bother me. Plus it won't drain your battery like a constantly updating app will. I've noticed awesome battery life after getting rid of all the stock social applications and setting them to update only when on wifi.
    08-01-2010 04:22 PM
    I just downloaded the fb app but turned the notifications off. I am using the app only for uploading photos and just revieving my notifications through my email. Hopefully this will work out. Thanks for the info.
    08-01-2010 04:44 PM
    My new app does exactly this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...s-android.html
    08-10-2010 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD