Remove stock battery indicator in status bar?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the stock battery indicator in the status bar? I have an app that shows as a percentage and I like that a lot better to show in the status bar.
much easier to see and work with a percentage than that green thing.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You could use Launcher Pro if you aren't already and click on the option to hide the notification bar. That's what I'm doing. I have a clock widget (Digiclock) and I'm using SwitchPro which indicates a battery percentage life left. So there's no need for a notification bar at all for me, plus not having one gives me slightly bigger real estate on the screens for wallpapers, etc. Also, I have my home key set up in LP to bring up the notification bar if I want a quick glimpse at it.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah gotta be rooted. I use a circle battery indicator and each part of the circle disappears as the battery depletes. It's so much better than regular battery indicator. And I have percentage in the center of the circle. Check out xda theme screen shots in nexus forum to see if that's what you want. Then root it:)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah gotta be rooted. I use a circle battery indicator and each part of the circle disappears as the battery depletes. It's so much better than regular battery indicator. And I have percentage in the center of the circle. Check out xda theme screen shots in nexus forum to see if that's what you want. Then root it:)

can you actually change the battery indicator in the status bar if only rooted? and if so, how? i was under the impression that only a custom rom could tweak the icons in the status bar

EDIT: found it on xda. here is a link for anyone interested

Last edited: