Is there a way to remove the stock battery indicator in the status bar? I have an app that shows as a percentage and I like that a lot better to show in the status bar.
    much easier to see and work with a percentage than that green thing.
    07-31-2010 08:22 AM
    you will need to be rooted to take anything like that away
    07-31-2010 09:31 AM
    what app shows the percentage?
    07-31-2010 09:36 AM
    you will need to be rooted to take anything like that away
    im not sure that just rooting would give you that ability. i think you can only do that by flashing a custom rom, which isnt yet possible on the x

what app shows the percentage?
    i use an app called battery indicator for this
    07-31-2010 09:57 AM
    Ok, it aint botherin me enough to get 'rooted'. That just complicated and dangerous. LOL.
    Thanks!
    07-31-2010 10:22 AM
    You could use Launcher Pro if you aren't already and click on the option to hide the notification bar. That's what I'm doing. I have a clock widget (Digiclock) and I'm using SwitchPro which indicates a battery percentage life left. So there's no need for a notification bar at all for me, plus not having one gives me slightly bigger real estate on the screens for wallpapers, etc. Also, I have my home key set up in LP to bring up the notification bar if I want a quick glimpse at it.
    07-31-2010 11:42 AM
    Yeah gotta be rooted. I use a circle battery indicator and each part of the circle disappears as the battery depletes. It's so much better than regular battery indicator. And I have percentage in the center of the circle. Check out xda theme screen shots in nexus forum to see if that's what you want. Then root it:-)
    07-31-2010 01:52 PM
    Yeah gotta be rooted. I use a circle battery indicator and each part of the circle disappears as the battery depletes. It's so much better than regular battery indicator. And I have percentage in the center of the circle. Check out xda theme screen shots in nexus forum to see if that's what you want. Then root it:-)
    can you actually change the battery indicator in the status bar if only rooted? and if so, how? i was under the impression that only a custom rom could tweak the icons in the status bar

EDIT: found it on xda. here is a link for anyone interested
    07-31-2010 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD