Video size limit?

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I read in the Evo forum concerning size limits for sending videos out, but it didn't say how large they can be? Does anyone know? Or how many seconds you can shoot and send? This is assuming HD quality.
One person said in that forum that he always sends to an email address, as the messaging limit is much less. But no details.

Maybe send to Picasa, instead?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Size restrictions would be more a carrier restriction than a phone issue, there hasn't been restricted size expressed but I am sure there is one but do the Droid X being a multimedia device intended for sharing of files such as these I believe it would be possibly larger than regular limits, I sent a video of 10megs the other day by email but it took forever to completely send across the data network so I only send videos when on wifi now.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the limit is small... like real small. Like if you're shooting in HD expect your video's to never send, unless they're <5 seconds long.

Actually I don't even think you can send HD video. It has to be a certain resolution. At least its that way if we're talking SMS video messages here. I know for a fact you can't send HD videos to another phone via text.

poodlecap

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't the phone reformat the video in order to send it? I cannot send a video on my fascinate that is over 5 sec long. The reps at verizon had no idea why this was so. He had a droid 2 and was able to reformat and send no problem. This might be a deal beaker for me if I cannot send videos over 5 sec. Does anyone know why the droid 2 will reformat and the fascinate wont?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair