defective droid..need advice

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi guys,
ive posted on here a few times and got great feedback..thank you..

i got my droid on release day, what, 2 weeks ago..
i love the phone..

i was having an issue with it randomly opening aps.. .i did a hard reset and the apps seemed to have stopped opening sporaticly.

the only thing that is an issue now is when I type a text or an email it still puts random periods in the sentences..

i had the best buy rep take a look at it and he disabled the auto punctuation in the settings yet it still does it?

is this normal?

i cant imagine why it would just rendomly stick periods in sentences where they dont belong...

any ideas?

there is no other app or sw on this device othern than what it came with at the moment..i did the hard reset and was going to run it for a few days like this to try and see if it still acts up

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was having this same problem and discovered that it was because I was hitting the period button when I meant to hit the space button. If you spend much time typing in landscape mode, you really have to be careful as it's a pretty long reach for your thumb to hit the space bar.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah it's not "randomly putting in periods" it's your fat thumbs touching the period button.
it happens to me all the time.
get a bigger phone, smaller thumbs, or just deal with it.
:)