2 weeks in, how do you like your X?

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone, more fun than anything else I have ever had (dare,voyager,curve,storm,tour,bold). I would not change this phone for anything else on the market. I don't have any of the technical issues some are having and my experience has been great.

I can't believe how fast the internet browser is and how fast google nav and maps loads, camera and camcorder have been great also.

I have no plans to load a new rom onto my phone so the locked bootloader means nothing to me.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't Want to seem like a troll but without the option how can you make plans to do something. I can bet alot of people would load Froyo onto their dx. If you had the option and it was leaked

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i love this phone, but the hard buttons on the face are horrible...i miss the soft buttons on my incredible

i sold my droid 1 for 200, so looks like ill be getting a droid 2, and switch between the 2

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Once I learned about how to manage the battery life, I love this phone.

Before the update my battery was pretty bad, or so I thought thanks to the mis information between the battery and indicator. Now I easily get the entire day out of my phone when actually using it.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't Want to seem like a troll but without the option how can you make plans to do something. I can bet alot of people would load Froyo onto their dx. If you had the option and it was leaked

Ok thats easy, if I had and htc or original droid I would not put custom roms on them either.

Did the whole "roms" thing with BB and I'm done with the need for hybrids/leaks.

Enjoying my phone as it works now.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This device takes my pictures, keeps my schedule, entertains me with Pandora radio and my tunes from my computer, helps keep me updated with local police and medical scanner, it helps me waste time sometimes with stoopid games. It allows me to stay in touch with my teenager kid, my brothers and sisters, my friends and coworkers about my job with texting and pictures. Swype technology makes my texting MUCH better. This phone allows me to show beautiful pictures of our beach vacation and videos without people squinting. It allows me to quickly look up phone numbers with 3G abilities. It keeps me updated with news and weather constantly. It keeps my home email up do date. I play Scrabble with people I've never met. I have my Bible with me all the time and I can search how much BioShock2 is going for on Ebay for my son while we are in Best Buy. It shows me my Netflix movie that is headed to my house. It keeps me up to date with my friends on Facebook. It navigates me if I get lost. It keeps notes of things I need to do. It plays White noise for background noise for a quick powernap. And, it's just fun to have around while it looks incredibly sexy.:)
OH..
and it makes great phone calls too.

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Before the update my battery was pretty bad, or so I thought thanks to the mis information between the battery and indicator. Now I easily get the entire day out of my phone when actually using it.

My lesson came from having a lot of widgets all over my homescreens updating every couple of minutes. Now I just use apps and I have doubled my battery life.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This device takes my pictures, keeps my schedule, entertains me with Pandora radio and my tunes from my computer, helps keep me updated with local police and medical scanner, it helps me waste time sometimes with stoopid games. It allows me to stay in touch with my teenager kid, my brothers and sisters, my friends and coworkers about my job with texting and pictures. Swype technology makes my texting MUCH better. This phone allows me to show beautiful pictures of our beach vacation and videos without people squinting. It allows me to quickly look up phone numbers with 3G abilities. It keeps me updated with news and weather constantly. It keeps my home email up do date. I play Scrabble with people I've never met. I have my Bible with me all the time and I can search how much BioShock2 is going for on Ebay for my son while we are in Best Buy. It shows me my Netflix movie that is headed to my house. It keeps me up to date with my friends on Facebook. It navigates me if I get lost. It keeps notes of things I need to do. It plays White noise for background noise for a quick powernap. And, it's just fun to have around while it looks incredibly sexy.:)
OH..
and it makes great phone calls too.

:D

msg too short

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I LOVE it! Until the Fascinate comes out anyway :p

Seriously though, it has an amazing screen, feels good in the hands, battery life is on par with any smartphone I've owned - maybe a little better, it feels extremely solid, had some great accessories available at launch, holds a ton of media thanks to the screaming deal I got on the 32Gb card, great keyboard options with nice big keys, and with root I've added & removed everything I want.

I do not need nor want a custom ROM on this phone. It does everything I want it to, and it's stable. I am very excited about the official Froyo release, but I don't want some hacked up version. I prefer the official releases on my phone.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Well it's what I really wanted in terms of screen size so until something mind blowing with at least the same size screen comes along, I won't be switching. Also I'm sticking to Motorola. I like the quality of their phones and they seem to last.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well it's what I really wanted in terms of screen size so until something mind blowing with at least the same size screen comes along, I won't be switching. Also I'm sticking to Motorola. I like the quality of their phones and they seem to last.

just curious whats mind blowing to you?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on launch day and I love it. The phone itself: It feels solid, well-built, fast and stable. I actually like the hard buttons because I'm less likely to accidentally press them. The battery is great (10-13+ hours), Motorola's multimedia dock is awesome so I don't need a standalond alarm clock anymore,

For the OS, I love the deep customization, the notification system, widgets. There are so many little tricks you can do with the Droid X. Add apps on top of that and there's probably tons of things more to be done. Swype is the best thing ever. I can't wait for Froyo and then possibly rooting to clean out the bloatware.

Although the Android Marketplace has 70000+ apps, the quality is sometimes still lacking (in comparison to Apple's App Store). On the up side, I've found many apps that would never make it to the App Store. There is so much potential in newer apps, the Marketplace hasn't hit its peak yet, even in games. I can't wait to see what developers large and small do for Android. If I knew Java, I would love to code for the Android OS on a couple of things that I think would make it even better that it already is.

Otherwise, I'm completely happy and satisfied with the Droid X. I would recommend it to anyone (like I have with everyone at my work, who are looking into getting one now too) for a faster, better, stronger experience than any other phone out there (and yes that includes iPhone 4; I would not be able to do anything near what I'm doing now on my Droid X). :cool:

chefmike

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Love it now that I got the battery issues out of the way with Juice Defender (paid version) I will probably try to root it after froyo comes out, if that does not do what I want.

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Like it enough to finally pull the plug on my iPhone 3G last night.

Don't love it as there are many rough edges that someone needs to fix but I fell in love with the capabilities. Nowhere as polished and as seamless as the iPhone but I can work with it.

Pro's:
Voice Command and dialing (even through my BT headset)
Google Navigation
Cool apps I'd probably never see on the iPhone (podcatchers, Flash, etc)
Integrates much better with my Ford Sync system (even reads text messages)
The screen real estate is awesome.
Cloud integration.

Con's:
Polish - Google/Motorola needs to study the iPhone to see how things work seamlessly together.
WiFi issues - as much as the N Debacle upsets me I hope it gets fixed.
Battery life could be a hair better
Lack of good media sync option - I use iSyncr and it's very good but iTunes was light years better.
Lack of a good backup program. When I ported my # over from AT&T I went through Verizon's *228 activation. This included a Factory Reset of the phone. So I got to spend an hour re-downloading and re-setting up the phone. On my iPhone it was as simple as "restore from backup" in iTunes.
Cloud integration

All in all the phone is a good phone and I think I will enjoy the next 2 years married to it and Verizon.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
love it; there is only a few minor things i miss from my OG droid (capacitive buttons, anyone?), but overall, this is the best phone i have ever owned. its fast as hell (and about to get faster), the os isnt as obtrusive as some were speculating it would be, and god i love the 4.3" screen. that was the biggest thing i was worried about, but i was used to it after day 1. the phone has also impressed BB using friends of mine so much that it might be enough to finally push them over the edge and into android

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE IT!

But I should start off by saying that I haven't had any of the known issues or problems that some are experiencing such as screen flickering, ringtones too quiet (loud enough for me), wifi problems, screen dying, battery problems, etc.

PROS:
Screen Size (not at all too big for me)
Fast (and should be faster sometime next month :cool: if it'll even be noticeable)
Screen Clarity (never used an AMOLED screen though, but this one is very nice and clear)
Battery Life (has been great for me, better than expected)
Build Quality (seems to be built very well, nothing loose or rattling)
Physical Feel (naked and I love the rubberized feel of it)
Camera (takes very good pictures for a phone)
Call Quality (sounds good enough for me)
Swype ('nuff said)
Screamin' Browser (used to BB Storm 1 and OG Droid's browser was slower than this)

CONS:
Speakerphone/In-Call Volume (even with up all the way it is a little too quiet for my tastes)
Limited HDMI Out (I hope this gets addressed or rooting/custom ROM will fix this)
Bloatware (but I'll take care of this later :cool:)

SscoootzZ

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Will a rooted DX be eligible for the froyo update?

I LOVE it! Until the Fascinate comes out anyway :p

with root I've added & removed everything I want.

I do not need nor want a custom ROM on this phone. It does everything I want it to, and it's stable. I am very excited about the official Froyo release, but I don't want some hacked up version. I prefer the official releases on my phone.

I'm most definitely a noob and beginning to learn more about this particular facet of mobile tech. But what I don't really understand is: (1) What are the advantages of rooting my DX? (2) What limitations will I face if I make the choice to root? Am I voiding official tech support/warranty, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or re-route to an appropriate rtfm.

Namast?,
Scott