How do I stop the vcast media manager website from opening every time I plug my phone into my pc via usb?

Thanks

Matt
    08-02-2010 12:16 PM
    Right click the Moto icon in the system tray, select when phone connect, launch... and select nothing.
    jasco13 likes this.
    08-02-2010 01:14 PM
    Right click the Moto icon in the system tray, select when phone connect, launch... and select nothing.
    I guess I should have looked a little hard (or even at all). Shows my laziness and reliance on the forum to know all things.
    08-02-2010 07:35 PM
    Similar for me, I got OTA Froyo love. Not rooted. Now every time I plug my phone to my PC to charge; it hijacks my PC web browser and wants me to install the V Cast media manager on my system.

Note that I do not want to even install the dreaded "V Cast media manager".

I find that I am not alone. Thanks to kayst, on androidforums.com, I offer these words (worked for me, SparksGuy):

I found this solution on the forums here, but have not tried it because I haven't gotten a popup.

Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
    09-01-2010 05:22 PM
    What about the same thing occurring on the Droid Incredible? I don't see an icon in the system tray
    09-01-2010 11:03 PM
    found this solution on the forums here, but have not tried it because I haven't gotten a popup.

Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
    doesnt work.....

there isnt a "feature settings" option
    09-02-2010 07:09 AM
    Sorry, my bad.... I'm using a Droid Incredible. The Feature Settings are on that phone, sorry Moto guys! As for Icon in sys tray, since I no longer have the Moto, I don't either.

I bet there is some similar tweak for the Droid X and others to turn off the "Please install the V Cast...." pop ups, in your PC browser. Hey, right after I fixed mine, my local rep said: "Why didn't you ask me, I knew the fix". So, go ask your local Verizon guys. You may have to ask more than one. I wasted about 4 hours talking to the phone support crew until I realized they are working from a short script and have no clue.
    09-06-2010 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD