Signal fluctuation and data loss

BCColeman3

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so i have had the iphone 4 for a month and finally got fed up with the fact that i couldn't make one phone call so i made the decision to get the droid x in hopes that all my troubles would be gone. This is the first day that i have had the phone and all i've experienced is frustration. No matter how good or poor the cell reception is in whatever area im in the bars fluctuate not stop. I can be in a great service area and ill have full 3G and all of a sudden it will drop to 1 bar of 1x and wont be able to send a text message or make a call or do a thing and then it will go back to full 3G after a minute and its been doing this all day and im fed up with it. My friend has a droid incredible and were in a bad reception area now and he has 1 bar of 3G that is steady as a rock at 85dbm while mine will fluctuate from 3 bars of 3G to 1 bar of 1x and a range of 100dbm-75dbm.

Im sorry for the poor grammar but i was typing this out on my droid. I love everything about this phone and if i could get this issue fixed i would be full time on it and sell my iphone4 without.thinking twice. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

P.S. i did all the activation steps again dialing* 228 and doing options 1 and 2 and it hast changed a thing.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so i have had the iphone 4 for a month and finally got fed up with the fact that i couldn't make one phone call so i made the decision to get the droid x in hopes that all my troubles would be gone. This is the first day that i have had the phone and all i've experienced is frustration. No matter how good or poor the cell reception is in whatever area im in the bars fluctuate not stop. I can be in a great service area and ill have full 3G and all of a sudden it will drop to 1 bar of 1x and wont be able to send a text message or make a call or do a thing and then it will go back to full 3G after a minute and its been doing this all day and im fed up with it. My friend has a droid incredible and were in a bad reception area now and he has 1 bar of 3G that is steady as a rock at 85dbm while mine will fluctuate from 3 bars of 3G to 1 bar of 1x and a range of 100dbm-75dbm.

Im sorry for the poor grammar but i was typing this out on my droid. I love everything about this phone and if i could get this issue fixed i would be full time on it and sell my iphone4 without.thinking twice. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

P.S. i did all the activation steps again dialing* 228 and doing options 1 and 2 and it hast changed a thing.

Have you tried a factory reset? I think I remember this being a problem for others and that seemed to have fixed it. I'll look for that thread.

EDIT: Here's that thread My Droid X constantly drops down to 1X, rarely has 3G

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If that doesn't work (it did for me), I would exchange it. There is a thread on the Motorola support forums of people reporting this same issue, and it was resolved with a replacement. I'm sure it's frustrating after having an iPhone 4 that had similar issues, but I do believe the Droid X's problem is more isolated than widespread.

BCColeman3

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It looks like im going to have to call Verizon tomorrow and try to get it exchnged. It sucks that i had to wait for a week and a half to get it and im having issues. After doing the hard reset the signal was solid 80dbm for 2 minutes then started going nuts between 80dbm-120dbm. Maybe giving it the night to get itself all calibrated will help.

I appreciate yalls quick replies!

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if it works or not? I'm having the same problem + random reboots and I called Verizon about it. Told me to take it back to best buy to get a replacement but my best buy doesnt know when the next shipment will be =(

BCColeman3

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys just thought I would update you and say that Verizon customer support is AMAZING! They are very nice and extremely helpful. My new Droid X gets here tomorrow do hopefully all my troubles will be gone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1