Hi,

I have a relative who uses a bberry tour and is on the 30$ data plan. His line was eligible for an upgrade, but he likes his tour and is keeping it, so he let me "use" his upgrade. Basically he ordered the droid X on his line as the upgrade but will be staying on his bberry.

Now the phone has arrived and i want to activate it on my verizon phone number.

When i try the on screen activation, it will not work.

Is the new phone locked in so it can only be activated with the phone number he purchased the upgrade for?

How can i get around this?

Will it end up switching his bberry data plan or will he be charged anything for all this?

FYI, i am on a bberry tour on a corp account, so i cannot activate online myself.
    08-03-2010 01:02 AM
    They probably have the order tied to his account. I would suggest he do a *228 on the X, activate it, and then reactivate his BB. You should then be able to activate it on your line.
    08-03-2010 01:19 AM
    Thanks, thats what i suspected. I will try your suggestion.
    08-03-2010 08:37 AM
    They probably have the order tied to his account. I would suggest he do a *228 on the X, activate it, and then reactivate his BB. You should then be able to activate it on your line.
    This is exactly correct. It has to be activated with *228 on the line that it is upgrading first then *228 and activate it on your number. Worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps.
    08-03-2010 11:06 AM
    What you could also do is sign on to Verizon on your account and "Activate Phone" on your line. You just enter the ESN/MEID# and Verizon will recognize the phone under your line. Then hit *228 and it will activate the phone and you'll be fine. I do this all the time because their are 4 lines on my Account.
    08-03-2010 04:36 PM
    Thanks guys, the web activate did not work but the *228 did. I now have a working droid X!
    08-04-2010 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD