I have downloaded launcher pro and lockbot. Now when i hit the home button i am only given a choice between those two applications to go to. My original home screen is not an option. It seems it has some how disappeared. I want my original home screen as the default but it is not an option. Im using a droid x by the way.
    08-03-2010 01:03 PM
    With launcherpro you will loose your orginal home screen. You will need to redo it on launcherpro. You can use homeswitcher from app store.but it is not wise to run two differnt launchers.
    08-03-2010 01:22 PM
    I got rid of launcher pro and now lockbot is my default. I went into applications to clear its defaults but it doesn't have any. The only way i can get back to my home screen is to hit the back button a hundred times or hold the home button down and hit home there as long as it is still there. If i download something that can use the home screen button it automatically takes over the home button. Im expecting to the pop up screen complete this task using lockbot or home but it is not registering home as an application
    08-03-2010 01:47 PM
    Well reading reviews on lockbot it seems to mess up the Droid x
    08-03-2010 02:38 PM
    And isn't lockbot just a customized lock screen not a home screen? Not sure but I would think after u unlock your stock launcher and homrscreens would appear.
    08-03-2010 02:41 PM
    On my motorola droid i had launcher pro and when i hit the home key it let me choose between home or launcher pro. Now on my droid x it doesn't give me the option. I just want my phone to register home as an option.
    08-03-2010 03:02 PM
    okay there are a few threads. But the X doesn't do that. There is a app called homeswitcher. It is in the market. But if you want to play with differnt homescreens/launchers. It will increase memory cpu and battery use.
    08-03-2010 04:00 PM
    you have to go into settings, apps, find launcher pro, and clear defaults. then that pop up will appear again.
    08-03-2010 05:03 PM
    Like i said before i tried to clear defaults but there weren't any showing up. It says no defaults set. I also have home switcher and it doesn't seem to keep home set as default. As soon as i get out of home switcher and go back into it it says neither launcher or home is set to default.
    08-03-2010 06:58 PM
    , its always in launcher pro in main phone settings under manage apps.
    08-03-2010 08:52 PM
    I know how to clear the defaults if there were any but there aren't. I checked both launcher pro and home neither have any defaults but launcher pro has still somehow taken over the home button.
    08-03-2010 11:13 PM
    That's just too strange. Cause that's where it shows on nexus, but other ones like the stock launcher do not show up at all in the list, so launcher pro is the only place I can find to change defaults. No idea why Droid x would be different since its the same app code just on 2 different phones.
    08-03-2010 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD