LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to post my first post! I've been a crackberry addict for the past 3yrs but have finally seen the light!:D Waiting on my DroidX to show up and hoping i never look back! i promise this will be the last frivoluos post i do! Starting to read the noob threads now! quick question though.... does the x have memopad like BB? also can you load multiple #'s emails and addresses for contacts?
thanx
tom

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a (pending) crackberry convert - awaiting the arrival of my X.

I've started the transfer w/this article:
http://www.androidcentral.com/jumping-blackberry-android-heres-what-you-need-know

google sync did a great job backing my BB contacts to gmail, but it doesn't seem to work for backing up my calendar -- any thoughts?

it'd be a big pain to have to manually transfer all my calendar info when my DX arrives.

if im not mistaken... if u use backup asst u can download it all on the x. not to sure though!

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
forgive my noob-ism, but - what's backup asst? do you mean on the BB or the DX?

upon further reading in the help section of google calendar, i found this:

"Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced."

i'll look at it this way - if i can't find a way around it, inputting all my calendar events manually will be good practice with Swype. :)

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Man, it sure seems like this device really broke the camel's back when it comes to bb users jumping ship...
I'm two weeks in from making the switch and I couldn't be happier.
Anyway, just wanted to say that my contacts synced seamlessly and from a different carrier to boot. I already used gmail as my primary, but all of my calenders synced perfectly. I never even had to think about it.
I did have to link some duplicate contacts together, but that was mainly because of not using people's proper names on my bb.
Anyway, I didn't mind b/c it's fun to do even menial tasks on this phone.
Enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh crap and I meant to say, there are more than one good free notebook apps on the android market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
forgive my noob-ism, but - what's backup asst? do you mean on the BB or the DX?

upon further reading in the help section of google calendar, i found this:

"Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced."

i'll look at it this way - if i can't find a way around it, inputting all my calendar events manually will be good practice with Swype. :)

You could do it that way or go into Google's calendar on your PC and enter everything that way. I haven't used Backup Asst. Does it not transfer calendar entries?

BTW, Backup Assistant is a VZW application to backup everything for you and make it easy to transfer to another device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair