When I add a contact, how can I make it so it adds the contact to my Google Contacts instead of my phone contacts?

And when I merge my existing contacts with a Facebook contact, how can I set it so it keeps the name I already had instead of using the Facebook name? Some of my friends on FB set their names as stupid **** and I can never find them on my contacts list.
    08-03-2010 09:47 PM
    When looking at your contacts switch to you gmail contacts. You can do this by simply pressing the name bar and choosing which contact list you are viewing, choose gmail, then add new.
    Not sure on the Facebook name over-ride, I would like to do as well. What I have found my self doing is unlinking the contacts and deleting the Facebook contacts individually. It is a bit painful, but slowly cleaning up the contacts.
    08-03-2010 11:01 PM
    That still doesn't fix the problem. When i switch to my google contacts and hit add at the top right it still just adds the cntact to my phone contacts group.

EDIT: Oh nevermind i actually got it. What i had to do was go tosettings and then check my google contacts list so now it adds it to both groups. Is there any way i can migrate all of my contacts from my google group to my phone contacts group?
    08-04-2010 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD