Froyo, a cure all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboss

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered before, i was a bbery user for the past 3years and just got my droid x last week which i love

My question is, just what is froyo supposed to do? I've been having really crappy battery life despite tweaking my settings and widgets and turning off all wifi, gps etc. This has only been salvaged by Juice Defender(which is awesome).. so is froyo supposed to cure my battey prob? Will it make juice defender obsolete? I also hear that it will.support the ability for apps to be stored on SD card instead, does this apply only to new apps post-froyo or will it allow this abilty for all the apps i currently have?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is not a cure all, if you're dealing with poor battery life, its doubtful that 2.2 will dramatically improve your batteries performance.

Android 2.2 provides enhancements, such as a JIT compiler, better exchange support, bug fixes, tweaks to the interface etc.

Most people are waiting for 2.2 because performance will increase dramatically thanks to the introduction of the JIT compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34