changing contact pic from facebook

bobniborg

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I did this and it worked and now it doesn't.

Short version: I want to change some pictures of my contacts from their facebook pic to a pic on my camera. I try to edit the contact, choose the pic and click save, but then it immediately goes back to the facebook pic (which is sometimes a pic of their kids or family, not helpful for what I need).

Long story: I got the Droid X and a temp number because I was getting it shipped. I get the droid and swing by verizon, they transfer everything for me but i forgot something so they couldn't port my number over. I go out of town, and while on the road, change some pictures (for the quick call widget) and it works fine (as a bonus it give me a little pic of the wife on my home screen). Then I get back into town and port my old number to the X. I had to go into verizon to resync my contacts and everything. But now I try to change my wife's contact pic and it keeps going back to the facebook pic. Am I missing something?

Only thing I can think of is a work around of creating an unlinked contact for my wife's number and edit that pic.

any other ideas?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know the answer to this as well. It allows you to change the picture, crop and save it and all, but when you back out it goes back to the Facebook picture! Very annoying.

BKHAWK3

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I found a partial fix for this if you create a MySpace acct and add it to yours Accounts then when your on the My Accounts screen click menu and you can select Picture Source select the MySpace and then you can use any photo you want for your contacts unfortunately this eliminates all FB contacts pics hence the partial part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463