Droid X Shipping on August 23!

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
this thing is a beast!!!! for all of you who haven't gotten it yet, it's big, it's solid, and it is nice. easy activation and setup. i love the screen size and the keyboard. you are going to love this phone. i haven't really done anything with it yet, and i love it.

I am glad to hear you like the only problem is the never ending customization. I could spend an Hour a day for 3 months and still think I can perfect it.

I got to re-test the setup activation. I thought I screwed up something with the calendars so I did a factory reset. With Appbrain and experience with the phone setting back up took 20 minutes.

cowboyshane2324

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Dude - with all due respect, you can't guarantee anything. LOL.
The only hope of me getting it before the weekend is for it to ship tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I'm looking at Tuesday at best. This has been horrible customer service/quality management. Their website screwed up. Then 3 CS reps screwed up and as a result I'll wait 30 - 33 days to get a phone. Unacceptable. :mad:

if it ships thursday itll be there saturday

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Question... If I paid the extra 8-9 bucks like an idiot for overnight shipping does it even really matter at this point?

If they let you do that, then whatever day it ships you'll get it on the next business day... so it should save you one day of waiting. I don't remember getting that option but then they told me "overnight" even though it now is 2nd Day.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It finally happened guys...my phone came today. The same day they told me it would ship out. August 31st...it was a brutal two weeks of waiting...but now I have the droid X and can live life like a human being again.

cowboyshane2324

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
well i was told overnight shipping was free with my order anyways im positive that fedex delivers on saturdays unless they have a contract with verizon that says an package from us make them suffer bwhahahaha an well it sounds like that very well could be

bondo06092

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
called cs today to track my order and they say it will ship the 8th. ordered my X on the 24th so looks like 2 weeks is the norm for a waiting period. Damn them and their huge demand lol!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
well i was told overnight shipping was free with my order anyways im positive that fedex delivers on saturdays unless they have a contract with verizon that says an package from us make them suffer bwhahahaha an well it sounds like that very well could be

Trust me Sat delivery is extra on overnight deliveries, regular deliveries will come on a Saturday but you have to pay extra on overnight

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a little apprehensive about posting anything here after being with BlackBerry and Crackberry for so long. I'm going to give the Droid X a shot and see what I think (won't guarantee loving it or not). I ordered mine on the 27th, so I'm guessing a 2 week wait from that date plus another business day due to the holiday coming up. After the math, I'm thinking, and hoping, that it comes on the 13th or sooner. Good luck to everyone else on their purchases.

cowboyshane2324

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a little apprehensive about posting anything here after being with BlackBerry and Crackberry for so long. I'm going to give the Droid X a shot and see what I think (won't guarantee loving it or not). I ordered mine on the 27th, so I'm guessing a 2 week wait from that date plus another business day due to the holiday coming up. After the math, I'm thinking, and hoping, that it comes on the 13th or sooner. Good luck to everyone else on their purchases.

well welcome to droid an thank you for joining us in this pain in the *** two week wait

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I think you'll find about half the folks here came from Blackberry. We are Android, you will be assimilated. LOL! :cool:

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It's on it's way!

TA DA!
I finally have a tracking number!! :D
Picked up one hour ago and set for 2nd Day on 9/3 by 4:30pm.
Oddly, Memphis is 3 hours from me and I normally get things from Memphis next day. Wonder if they'll "sit on it" for another day????

I'm fired up now! Happy Dance time......

cowboyshane2324

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
TA DA!
Oddly, Memphis is 3 hours from me and I normally get things from Memphis next day. Wonder if they'll "sit on it" for another day????

well congrats hopefully that means ill get a notification within the next 3 days hopefully if nothing by saturday ill call plz when you get you phone dont leave us phoneless ones lol let us now what you think theres gatta be new posts to help us pass the time lol

jzuchowski

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
TA DA!

What was the order date? Online OT tele? Soooo lucky man, I am jealous.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
TA DA!

As long as you've been waiting, I'm surprised you don't have them hold it in Memphis and make the 3 hour drive to pick it up.

payton

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
i am beyond frustrated right now! my dad and i ordered our x's the same day, and the order was made in the same store, and he ordered his AFTER mine. but i got an email today saying that HIS phone had been picked up in memphis and will arrive in the next two days.. no email for MY phone yet. GRRRRRRRRR! and i see a fed ex truck come through my apartment complex everyday, but they never have anything for me. :( i better be getting my email soon. he lives in georgia, and i live in ohio, so maybe that's why he's getting his first. but still.. this absolutely sucks! i called him at work, and he laughed in my face. horrible.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I was a CrackBerry fanatic/bb user for years...actually really enjoyed both of my Storms. But I could never go back. You'll have to open up your mind a little as Android is a bit different than bb. You'll find a number of things that don't work as they did on a bb, but that's a big plus. There is no longer only one way (RIMs way) to do stuff. There are tons of different calendars, telephone dialing, texting and browsing apps...most are free. If you don't like the way one works, try a different one. For me, LauncherPro is a must as your user interface. It's much faster and smoother than the home screens that are native to the device. I also found a free app called Dialer One that makes the phone search through your contacts easier. There are a great many youtube videos that will show you demos of how some of the apps work. XScope has been the fastest browser for me, but Dolphin HD and the native browser work well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome