Touch screen not responding is a known issue.

frh1

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I did an ESN change last night that resulted in a hard reset. This was my third hard reset in the 5 days. The first two were because the screen frequently stopped responding for 3 to 15 seconds.

This time it started doing it after a fresh hard reset. I called Verizon and told the tech support guy it can't be related to anything I downloaded and installed because I haven't downloaded and installed anything yet.

He told me they got an official notice about the problem around the first of the week. The problem with the screen locking up was traced to batches of defective phones sent to Verizon by Motorola.

The tech guy assured me Motorola fixed the problem and the replacement phone they will send me on Friday will not have the screen problem.

mhutsell3

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I did an ESN change last night that resulted in a hard reset. This was my third hard reset in the 5 days. The first two were because the screen frequently stopped responding for 3 to 15 seconds.

This time it started doing it after a fresh hard reset. I called Verizon and told the tech support guy it can't be related to anything I downloaded and installed because I haven't downloaded and installed anything yet.

He told me they got an official notice about the problem around the first of the week. The problem with the screen locking up was traced to batches of defective phones sent to Verizon by Motorola.

The tech guy assured me Motorola fixed the problem and the replacement phone they will send me on Friday will not have the screen problem.

Can you tell us about when you received your phone, would give many of us an idea of if ours are suspect as well.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
My replacement phone is doing great so far and I have a lot of apps on it. My original was ordered online release day if that helps anyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
"Touch screen not responding" is a known issue with EVERY electronic device that has a touch screen. I doubt there's ever been a 100% perfect product line of touch screen devices.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No. Hasn't been an issue on any of the 4 iPhone models released so far.

Really? Stop trolling. From the first page of google search for the iPhone4 (not even the previous three iterations)...

iPhone 4 - completely unresponsive - Mac Forums
Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 4 Touchscreen Random ...
iPhone 4 Screen Unresponsive - MacTalk Forums
The fix for your iPhone 4 display blotching problem: Wait

Every single electronic device has units with issues and there will always be duds. Only iSycophants pretend their latest devices is "perfect".

Last edited:

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Does this unresponsive screen happen a lot. It seems like every third time I awake the phone the screen is half responsive. Sucks!

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm having this same problem (touch screen becomes unresponsive and to fix it I have to lock the phone and unlock it) should I call Verizon and ask for a replacement?

Matrix_Prime

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm having this same problem (touch screen becomes unresponsive and to fix it I have to lock the phone and unlock it) should I call Verizon and ask for a replacement?

This is the same issue I have. If it becomes responsive, I simple push the power button to lock it, and turn it back on to unlock it an it's fine. Since the screen immediately becomes responsive after, that doesn't sound like a defective piece of hardware to me at all, that sounds like a software issue to me.

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This is the same issue I have. If it becomes responsive, I simple push the power button to lock it, and turn it back on to unlock it an it's fine. Since the screen immediately becomes responsive after, that doesn't sound like a defective piece of hardware to me at all, that sounds like a software issue to me.

You're right, that's what I also thought at first. However if this is the case then shouldn't everyone using a Droid X be experiencing the same issue? Unless this problem is coming from a market app like LauncherPro or something.

Luet

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I experience the issue once in a while, if it becomes too frequent I reboot and that fixes it for a while. "feels like" a memory leek type issue

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I wanted to give an update on my Droid X screen issue. My screen got worse and worse and I hated having to keep locking and unlocking the screen. Finally, I got so sick of it that I called Verizon for a replacement. I got my replacement Monday and so far it has worked perfectly. On my prior DX, I noticed the screen issue on the first day, however it's been 3 days so far with this new phone and everything is flawless. So for those of you who have this problem I'd suggest calling Verizon for a replacement.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing this a few days ago. Once in a while, when I unlock it, the screen will freeze for 10-15 seconds, then it'll go black and reload the screen. After that it works fine. If it keeps happening I guess I'll be making the call as well.

Was the replacement a brand new phone?

BTW, I got my phone about 6 days after launch.

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing this a few days ago. Once in a while, when I unlock it, the screen will freeze for 10-15 seconds, then it'll go black and reload the screen. After that it works fine. If it keeps happening I guess I'll be making the call as well.

Was the replacement a brand new phone?

BTW, I got my phone about 6 days after launch.

The replacement was indeed a brand new phone. I ordered my DX a week after the launch and didn't get it until August 2nd. I have a feeling the first batch of phones had a lot of problems and there's no reason to not get a replacement for an incomplete phone.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll check into it. I'll have to figure out how to backup my phone so I don't have to install all the apps, pics, numbers, etc. all over again.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The replacement was indeed a brand new phone. I ordered my DX a week after the launch and didn't get it until August 2nd. I have a feeling the first batch of phones had a lot of problems and there's no reason to not get a replacement for an incomplete phone.

Launch Day here no problems yet,except I can't put it down.LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad