...screens. on the Apps page it shows in normal only unless it is docked then it will go to landscape. the same for the any of the other home screens. I have the orientation checked green. Am I missing any other settings? Strange thing is when I am on the sound and display settings page landscape works fine
    08-05-2010 03:40 PM
    Until you have FROYO, this is the way it is - unless you install LauncherPro - which I recommend.
    08-05-2010 03:51 PM
    will launcher pro fix the laginess?slowness I have seen since the update??
    08-05-2010 03:56 PM
    will launcher pro fix the laginess?slowness I have seen since the update??

It did for me. Im kicking myself for not trying Launcher Pro earlier.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-05-2010 04:03 PM
    ok im new to the android OS. I installed Launcher Pro and didnt know what to do with it?? what does it do?
    08-05-2010 06:45 PM
    I noticed that the droid x only goes to landscape to the left(as in top going to the left buttons going to the right.. Didn't realize it but tested it and phone will not go into landscape going towards the right(as in top going to the right and buttons going to the left). I guess not a big deal, just thought it would go to landscape either direction. Can anyone else confirm that is how the droid x works.
    08-05-2010 10:19 PM
    You are correct it only goes landscape one way.
    08-05-2010 10:38 PM
    Alrighty, Android 101! =D

Some/many portions of Android will not auto-rotate, this goes for apps as well!

With 2.2 that fixes it for almost ALL of the Android menus/apps (Full 270 deg rotation)

So your phone isn't broken, its just how it was made
    08-05-2010 10:42 PM
    Some apps just do not go landscape, such as the dial pad. It's normal.

And yes I can't recommend enough. It brings really super smooth scrolling at a high frame rate, like iPhone speed smoothness. Let all the screens cache up and aggregate all your icons and widgets then take it for a test drive. Remember the dock at the bottom scrolls thru 3 docks for 15 total shortcuts.
    08-06-2010 12:25 AM
    Some apps just do not go landscape, such as the dial pad. It's normal.

And yes I can't recommend enough. It brings really super smooth scrolling at a high frame rate, like iPhone speed smoothness. Let all the screens cache up and aggregate all your icons and widgets then take it for a test drive. Remember the dock at the bottom scrolls thru 3 docks for 15 total shortcuts.
    08-06-2010 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD