droid x eye of death

andglassman

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
after being laggy all day I had to end up going blackberry and doing a battery pull on the droid x, now it is stuck on the droid eye and won't proceed past that, been stuck for about 15 minutes, even tried pulling the battery, any ideas?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Turn it off and take the battery out when you sleep. It knows you were going to verizon and will murder you as you sleep. The X has a mind of its own.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I began to worry the first time I used the NAV on google to work my way home. When I reached my destination, it told me so, and displayed a full screen picture looking right up my driveway.

That delighted and frightened me at the same time. At least it doesn't end up with a picture of my bedroom -- Yet!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

paulinbna

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Turn it off and take the battery out when you sleep. It knows you were going to verizon and will murder you as you sleep. The X has a mind of its own.

I will have nightmares of the little green Droid man climbing out of my phone while I am sleeping and stealing my breath now, thanks.
:p

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually had the eye of death yesterday too! I pulled the battery and then turned it on and it wouldn't get past the eye I pulled the battery multiple times and got nothing still. About 20 mins later it just magically came back on and has been working a heck of a lot better actually haha

buddycuffs

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually experiencing this problem right now too but it's been going on for like two hours and I have a feeling it wont snap out of it.

Only problem is, I actually rooted it a few days ago so the warranty is voided and I don't know if I can send it to Motorola and say that it's their fault it's broken. It was running fine after I rooted it though, so I doubt that has anything to do with it doing this.

Does anyone know if I bring it to Best Buy (where I got it and where I have insurance on it) if they'll replace it under their insurance or do a manufacturer's warranty claim on it?

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Two hours?!?! Sheesh...I hope mine doesn't take that long. I think it's been going for 15 mins now. =/

Mine is stuck on the eye right now after being laggy since last night. Text messages take forever to open.

Boothio

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem, I beileve mine is attributed to the fact that facebook linked 160 profiles to each one of my contacts. Check your contacts and linked profiles. I deleted the facebook app, I'm assuming that this extra time for the load is just removing all of those linked profiles.. I hope.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think that was the problem too. I didn't uninstall it but I just logged it. The syncing icon doesn't pop up out of no where anymore.

kiolbasa1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
also, do remember that not all technological devices are perfect...a perfectly good TV could come out the box with issues...don't be afraid to walk into your verizon store and tell them you have issues. if they can't fix it they should provide you with a new one, or ship you one...just watch out for refurbs

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening alot it seems. Maybe a update that they didn't tell us about? Mine is stuck on the eye now and won't do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007