Youtube on the Droid X kind of sucks.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just one of those things that happen to don't people and the ones it doesn't happen too says it doesn't exist. Reminiscent of the old red ring stories from the 360.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The video takes forever to load for me, just like the OP. Once it has started to load it flies and will play straight to the end. I have to wait a couple of minutes typically before it starts to load.

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
LOl. try viewing youtube on a blackberry storm2. This app works pretty well, to be honest if the company who owns youtube(google) and makes the os cant make the best app for their own company then we might as well get rid of android devices. All the mobile apps are so so, gotta remember that the quality of the video uploaded matters also. Id say it goes Android app, iPhone app, then ------- Blackberry youtube.

Last edited:

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
LOl. try viewing youtube on a blackberry storm2. This app works pretty well, to be honest if the company who owns youtube(google) and makes the os cant make the best app for their own company then we might as well get rid of android devices. All the mobile apps are so so, gotta remember that the quality of the video uploaded matters also. Id say it goes Android app, iPhone app, then ------- Blackberry youtube.
Man. Don't even mention crapberry youtube. It's a horrible experience to say the least.

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Remember that Google would prefer you use their new, recently updated mobile site as opposed to a stand-alone app. That said, the app doesn't seem that bad to me either.

go_storm

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with YouTube. Videos load up almost instantly over WiFi and quickly on 3G. My wife is so jealous of my X that she wants an Android phone when she can upgrade next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas