X Focus/

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing issues with the camera focus. Outside, middle of the day and it works good up to about 20 feet. After that like trying to take a picture of scenerey or a nice view I have to refocus on the same spot 4 or 5 times in a row.

Tried vignette and it doesn't focus right on the first shot either.

This thing not do well with distance, there better focusing software, any ideas?

Yes i have cleaned the lens!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty disappointed the camera in general. I get lots of blurry shots, focusing is an issue, lowlight is bad.

The only time I get actually good shots is outside in good sunlight when I am close to the subject ... and that usually takes a couple a tries.

I have also tried vignette and it helps but still not great.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I dunno gents, this thread begs to differ...

I haven't had any problems with focus. If you're shooting really close, use Macro mode. If you're shooting far shots, just use Auto. Should be all you need to get some nice quality pics. Remember folks this is a phone above all else. The ability to shoot pics is just a bonus.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its not the camera. its the software.... I have gave up on using stock camera, I have determine that it has its issues, I am using a app called Camera 360 and I can say it does a lot better with images, I have attached a few photos taken with stock camera and then seconds later with Camera 360, all of these images was taken in a total dark room with only tv lighten... Take a look and judge for yourself..

These where simply test shots but with no light and only the flash Camera 360 made a difference.. It seems that the stock camera causes the flash to be to bright.. The photos that name starts with C360_ are from Camera 360 which should be shots 1 and 3..

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The stock camera seems to have to be in the right light and conditions to take good photos but 360 seems to capture better color and consider light sources better, its more a point and click situation with 360 the way is should be.

Last edited:

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Does camera 360 focus better then the native software? Im not really concerned with low light. I can be outside taking a shot in bright light of a beach view or panoramic shot and the default takes 4-5 refocus of the same spot before it gets it. Doesn't matter if I use auto or any of the settings. If the focus of the.subject isn't under 15-20 feet the camera stinks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke