How many other maniacs like to keep their X

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Naked? I love the style and sleekness of this phone and how it feels. Cases ruin that for me.

I know I'm crazy and just asking for trouble but who's with me? :)

Jonross

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
im with you :)

I like to be naked... oh i mean i like my phone to not have a case.

I even took my screen protector off because it made the touch screen feel go away.

Now my phone is super bright, super sleek, and feels amazing.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I kept my phone in a silicone case, in a holster with a VZW anti-glare screen protector since day one. Just a few days ago I took off the screen protector and I gotta say, the screen is gorgeous. However I LOVE the way the protector felt gliding my finger across it. It was very smooth and nice. Without it it feels like if my skin is even the slightest hint of wet from humidity in the air, it gets an annoying sticky feeling, like my skin gets stuck to the screen. Very annoying. Another thing I dislike is my bloody screen got a small <1mm long scratch, extremely shallow so you can't feel it with your finger nail, but if you are out in the sunlight you WILL see it.

So I purchased a gallon of this 3M glass/paint scratch filler. Someone on this other forum said it did wonders on his Droid when he had a few scratches like mine. Gonna give it a try and post back.

Back on topic... I love the way the phone feels without a case. It has a certain texture that is grippy yet smooth to the touch. You can also feel just how thin and light this device is when its case is off. Its just a shame that while I know my screen is pretty much safe for the most part, the plastic can and will certainly get scratches/dents (I've already seen a few scratches on my silicone case that had it not been there, my phone would be permanently stuck with right now) so even though it feels amazing naked, I'll keep a case on. I might even get an Invisible Shield after I get this scratch remover liquid.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Naked with a Steinheil Crystal Clear Screen Protector.

Oakley Microfiber Sunglass Bag for pocketing.

Verizon Leather Holster for holstering.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine in the silicone skin during my daily travels, and when I come home I let it all hang out! I agree about the hand feel of this phone without a case, it's great. I love the camera hump. I also agree with the previous poster about the feel of that vzw anti glare screen, it's got that nice grainy feel. I've got a skinomi for it but have not gotten myself to switch out yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
WOW...alot of Bareback X users here...be careful you guys dont pick up any germs while going bareback without any case.........Mom always warned about using protection.. :)

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a case for any of my devices, starting with Treo to BlackBerry and now Driod X. Something about going all natural. I cant deal with extra bolk that cases produce.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Running around naked,except at work they hate when I come there naked.........LOL

But true naked everywhere but work I keep it in the VZW cover with holder.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Totally naked. I wouldn't mind a pouch though from Sena. That's not really my definition of covering it up though. A pouch is just a place to put it when not in use.

Ktulu

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Stark, raving, naked! And, I use my X without a case.

I do need a pouch for when I don't have any empty pockets. No putting the X in a pocket with anything sratchy in it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Definitely keep it away from the beach. A spec of sand gets on the screen gets rubbed around and you'll have some scratch marks for sure.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any of my phones with covers or protective screens. I do a good job taking care of things I buy, especially when they're over $100. Knock on wood, not saying that something won't happen with this, but I take good care of it. In contrast, I have friends who pay the extra monthly insurance cost because they frequently mess up their phones. Peace of mind, I guess.

The X is well-designed enough that I love the look of it naked.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Naked X here too, it's too sexy to hide! I would also like a pouch and was thinking about that one featured here a few days ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc