Joining the Droid X ranks...

Mavix

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
...soon, real soon.

Living in the bay area and will be ordering the Droid X soon. I've been a Verizon customer since the ole Bell Atlantic days. I currently have the BB Tour and enjoyed it till my wife came home with the Droid. Now I'm jealous and have been waiting for my company to get sync'd into the Android OS. Once they do and Froyo is released, I'm placing my order.

One of my co-workers got one and loves it, but he needs to use his gmail account to get his Lotus Notes. (hence the reason why the company is working on Android OS) It's important for me to be in contact with my customers. With the BB I can reply to emails all day long.

Looking forward to joining the Droid X ranks and exploring the Droid universe...

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The 2.2 update should fix all of the enterprise-level sync issues that have occurred, although using Gmail to sync up and push emails from multiple is pretty easy in the mean time. Still, I admit it's an imperfect solution for business email.

Mavix

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My last job used Lotus Notes. I sync'd my BB and iPhone using the app below. I used it for a couple of years without any issues pushing my mail.

Martin Scott Consulting | WirelessMail Overview

I'm going to look into this. I'm pretty ancy to get the Droid X and will probably break down and get it before the week is out...Thanks for sharing.

Flawson-I'm hearing good things. The BB is limited and with RIM's new "Torch", I think they are trying to catch up. The BB is a great business tool, but the way mobile technology is forever changing at a rapid pace, I think the Droid X is the new business tool. I remember when I thought the Moto Q was tops in it's hayday.

I've been emailing my IT dept to see what the updates are and I'm told they're working on it and I'm sure they'll have it within the next few weeks.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to look into this. I'm pretty ancy to get the Droid X and will probably break down and get it before the week is out...

Well, you might ORDER it before the week is out... LOL! I think the current "ship date" is 8/25 or something like that. :(

BIG CAT #7

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine last tuesday and the date was the 18th. In less than a week it is already up to the 25th.. I hope mine gets here way before that. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait. It will be like christmas all over again, lol..

Mavix

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If it has to be ordered and then delivered in a few weeks, that's okay. I'm sure by then the company would have the exchange server up and running for the Android OS.

Mavix

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Pulled the trigger and placed my order. To be shipped 8/31 and FedEx 2nd Day free...I'll be joining the ranks on Sept. 2nd.

Hopefully they ship it with Froyo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois