Multiple lines on DX?

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I currently have two verizon mobile lines - one personal and one for work. During the time that i need to be available for work, I carry a separate phone (an old samsung flip phone) in addition to my personal BB Tour.

I'm anticipating the delivery of my new Droid X later this week, and was wondering if any of you know if it's possible to have two separate numbers active on the DX at the same time. (with or without root) It would be great to NOT have to carry around two phones when I'm on call for work.

The best i could do with my Tour was to forward one number to the other, but that's not ideal because the two lines really need to have their own voice mailboxes and hopefully their own ringtones.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give - I can't wait for my new phone and am looking forward to joining the community here at AC.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently have two verizon mobile lines - one personal and one for work. During the time that i need to be available for work, I carry a separate phone (an old samsung flip phone) in addition to my personal BB Tour.

I'm anticipating the delivery of my new Droid X later this week, and was wondering if any of you know if it's possible to have two separate numbers active on the DX at the same time. (with or without root) It would be great to NOT have to carry around two phones when I'm on call for work.

The best i could do with my Tour was to forward one number to the other, but that's not ideal because the two lines really need to have their own voice mailboxes and hopefully their own ringtones.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give - I can't wait for my new phone and am looking forward to joining the community here at AC.

You could set up a Google Voice line that forwards to your phone. This would allow you to call and get calls back from them. Don't know if the GV number received would always be the same, but you can configure it multiple ways and even receive text messages in the GV app that are sent to that number.

But as for phone lines you could really only have one ESN assigned to a phoneline, and only one line assigned to a esn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome