Battery dramatically improving

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
By definition, most forums like AC will highlight issues/problems individuals are experiencing with their devices. Sometimes we don't give enough attention to the success stories, and this thread is one of those rare "pro" threads for my DX.

I've had the device since launch and battery life has been a critical issue for me. I use my device heavily for both voice and data. When I first received it and before adjusting settings (like Social Media over WiFi only and Auto screen brightness), I was lucky to get 6-8 hours. I have always used a task killer, and continue to do so (ATK). After adjusting these phone parameters I was getting a respectable 12-14 hours and based on my extreme usage, was more than satisfied.

Over the last 4-5 days, for no reason I can identify, the phone has experienced a quantum leap in battery life. I've had no change in usage and I actually installed many additional running apps including Lookout. If anything, I've been using the phone more. I'm now getting 24-36 hours on one charge. I am not suggesting that Lookout was a factor (in fact, quite the contrary). Instead, I think its simply an issue of the battery stabilizing and seasoning as the device is used.

To those with battery issues, check your settings and monitor the situation but rest assured there are others that see a major improvement in battery life as the device ages.

P.S. My wife's 3GS bricked this morning ;)