Saving attachments from email.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me I'm unable to save pictures that are attached to emails, I am using the yahoo email app and even using the default email app that came with the DX I cannot save pictures that are sent as attachments. Once I receive the email I open the attachment, and long press the photo nothing happens, when I hit the menu button nothing comes up if I double tap the photo it just zooms in, any suggestions?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me I'm unable to save pictures that are attached to emails, I am using the yahoo email app and even using the default email app that came with the DX I cannot save pictures that are sent as attachments. Once I receive the email I open the attachment, and long press the photo nothing happens, when I hit the menu button nothing comes up if I double tap the photo it just zooms in, any suggestions?

That is where the issue is, do not open file, just open the email and then after you download file (Dont open) just hold on the attachment and select "Save"

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but the file won't download unless I click on the attachment if I just open the email, it has the message plus attachemnt and nothing happens , in order for me to download the attachment I need to click the file attachemnt then it downloads and automatically opens the picture, and then I cant do anything.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but the file won't download unless I click on the attachment if I just open the email, it has the message plus attachemnt and nothing happens , in order for me to download the attachment I need to click the file attachemnt then it downloads and automatically opens the picture, and then I cant do anything.

That is different than how mine work, when I receive a email with attachment when I click on email it opens and show a icon and says download and when I click on link it downloads and that is it, then I can either tap it again and it will open or hold and get option to save the file. I just sent myself a attachment again to double check and this is how mines work, you are using stock email client right.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The help is appreciated im deleting that yahoo app and going with the default email program. Kind of sux that the default yahoo email program doesnt have the option for marking as spam.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Now since I realized you are using the Yahoo App, did you try opening the left menu while on attachment preview and see if it gave you option to save attachment.

pingram

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using the general email app on the xoom tablet and I am having the same difficulty. I can open the pic and view it, but unable to save it there and when I see the attachment in the email, it says "view" "save" , when i hit save it says, "unable to save attachements". Any ideas on what is happening.

Thanks
pingram

Last edited:

pingram

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
as an added note, i have been able to narrow it down somewhat, the trouble is coming from the files I send from my atrix to the xoom only. I take a picture on the atrix and send it to the default email and when i receive it on the xoom it will not allow me to save it. when i open the same email on my desktop or laptop it allows me to save it. I called motorola, made them aware, but not sure if it is a motorola issue or an android problem. I can send a regular jpg from my desktop to the xoom via email and I can save the attachment. don't understand it as the atrix is sending it as a .jpg but the title is a little strange. it says content://media/external/images/media/166.jpg on the xoom, whereas when i receive it on the desktop it reads this file as content__media_external_images_media_166.jpg.

Next i will try saving the image to the gallery on the atrix and see what happens when i send one of those via email.

pingram

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674