Kudos to Motorola?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What's funny is that most of the people who complain about Blur probably haven't even used it yet. The UI on the X definitely isn't the same as what's on the Devour or Cliq. And hell, if you don't wanna use the stock launcher, there are several alternatives in the market. People just like to find something to put down or complain about.

The problem with Blur isn't that we are looking for something to hate on and can easily replace it, its the fact that we HAVE to replace it. Those launchers? They run ON TOP of Blur, not replacing it.

I just want a stock experience thats Blurless. There's not one thing I need Blur for that I can't do, especially now with LauncherProPlus supporting size-able widgets. So yeah...

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The problem with Blur isn't that we are looking for something to hate on and can easily replace it, its the fact that we HAVE to replace it. Those launchers? They run ON TOP of Blur, not replacing it.

I just want a stock experience thats Blurless. There's not one thing I need Blur for that I can't do, especially now with LauncherProPlus supporting size-able widgets. So yeah...

Does it really matter if the launchers run on top of it? I use a task killer only to kill the Moto services and run LauncherPro making my phone feel like it's running Sense UI. When I'm using LP, I'm not seeing Blur at all.

I'd like a stock experience too but apparently the masses prefer Blur, Sense and other custom skins. I noticed a lot of people thought the stock experience was too bland but hopefully Gingerbread will improve it.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you list off all moto services I can kill to get rid of the background home? Because I'd LOVE for my phone to be running pure LPPro. If you can do that then I can live with(out) Blur :p

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Can you list off all moto services I can kill to get rid of the background home? Because I'd LOVE for my phone to be running pure LPPro. If you can do that then I can live with(out) Blur :p

• com.motorola.blur.home
  • com.motorola.blur.message
  • com.motorola.blur.news
  • com.motorola.blur.news
  • com.motorola.blur.service
  • com.motorola.togglewidgets
  • com.motorola.blur.home.clock
  • com.motorola.blur.service.email

Using ATK

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I came from a BB, and for the X I have to say I'm impressed so far with Moto's support. Lots of good feedback, lots of acknowledging of issues, lots of fixes. Now...I am not advocating nor condemning their performance on other phones, although I think their support of the OG Droid is commendable.

As for the Milestone...I really hate to say it, but business-wise there is just less incentive to throw the time and money at it yet. If they expect to sell an X or D2 version over-seas I'd expect them to try to address those issues at that time. I'm not saying that's fair...but it's probably good business.

I'm no fan of how the current development cycles work for high tech, but clearly they make money, so short of regulation or customer revolt they are unlikely to chance. That said, what I'm seeing on the X so far impresses me a lot. And if we get Gingerbread in the winter (which I assume at this point is a given) then we probably will be sitting awfully pretty IMO.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
  • com.motorola.blur.home
  • com.motorola.blur.message
  • com.motorola.blur.news
  • com.motorola.blur.news
  • com.motorola.blur.service
  • com.motorola.togglewidgets
  • com.motorola.blur.home.clock
  • com.motorola.blur.service.email

Using ATK

What are you seeing in terms of performance change adding those to ATK?

stephencoley

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I listed all of these things, because these are things that the other manufactures are NOT doing very well. Overall, I feel proud to be a Moto customer, and appreciate their efforts.

So that's how I feel today. 4 weeks from now, if Froyo isn't out, I might have a "what have you done for me lately" point of view, but for now that's my story.

Sound off... What do you guys think?

It's lucky you didn't lumber yourself with a Cliq/Dext. You'd have a very different view of Motorola then... I've admired & praised this company for years. The Dext is my 5th Motorola phone and will most definitely be my last. In fact I'd confidently state that most current Cliq/Dext owners will walk a long way away from Motorola when their contracts expire. We've been screwed big time and it's hard to forget that...

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I was never a huge fan of Motorola. I once had nextel and hat to deal with all those issues. But I have to say the Droid and now Droid X phones i've had have been excellent. Maybe they found something to be positive about?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with Cory, though idon't have much to go on outside of my own DX. I'm glad they seem to really address the issues that people are having with the X and can'T wait to see the changes myself.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally like Apple's responses to issues: that isnt a problem, you dont want that feature, etc. It was a great experience of being told what I feel/know isnt valid, which is why the move to the X has been great.

saqqara

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow are we talking the same moto here? The ones who also make the cliq/dext? moto are without doubt the worst company for customer service I have ever come across in my 45 years on the planet and I live in the UK so know poor service when I see it. Just got my fingers crossed I never come across a company who make them look good.

Later....
Saqqara

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow are we talking the same moto here? The ones who also make the cliq/dext? moto are without doubt the worst company for customer service I have ever come across in my 45 years on the planet and I live in the UK so know poor service when I see it. Just got my fingers crossed I never come across a company who make them look good.

Later....
Saqqara

Ok let us be honest, I don't think we are saying Moto is the best company. I think we can say they are making strides to improve their product/brand however.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
In all honesty Motorola has been making amazing devices, build-wise. Its just this locked bootloader issue that is a PITA. You would think that if they wanted to sell a lot of devices they would keep it unlocked. This way the stock users and hacking users would both be satisfied and want their phones. Idk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You guys have totally killed my buzz :p I love my Droid X regardless.

Me too.. I find myself holding onto it and playing with it all day long.. infact, I'm trying to ween myself from it... by using my recently updated to 2.2, OG Moto Droid. LOL..

2.2 on the Moto Droid is actually really smooth..no more lag!

But yes.. I'll definitely look forward to 2.2 on the X and here's to hoping they bring new features to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21