So I’ve had my X for about 2 weeks now, and I’ve noticed a few problems that seem to come and go…wondering if anyone else is seeing these….

I think 5 times while sending or trying to receive MMS messages I have gotten a message popup that says “National Access Coverage Not Available.” I tired dialing *228, didn’t help, tried calling customer service, they told me to take it to a store and have a tech look at it. It just seems to magically start working again after a few minutes every time. I am not roaming while this is happening, and always have 3G and 3 or 4 bars of service.

Occasionally I’ll take a picture, and it will show up as nothing. Nothing at all. A black screen. That’s it. Then 4 seconds later, I take another picture, and there it is fine.

This one started yesterday, the phone icon in the bottom left is not working. Every other icon works, but when I touch the phone I get nothing. I turned off the phone, and turned it back on, it worked again. Now it has happened to me again today.

That’s about it for the recurring problems, I had two or three one time strange things happen….is anyone else noticing any of these? I really don’t want to go through the hassle of getting a new one, but do you think these problems warrant a new phone?

Thanks….
    08-11-2010 11:27 AM
    So I’ve had my X for about 2 weeks now, and I’ve noticed a few problems that seem to come and go…wondering if anyone else is seeing these….

I think 5 times while sending or trying to receive MMS messages I have gotten a message popup that says “National Access Coverage Not Available.” I tired dialing *228, didn’t help, tried calling customer service, they told me to take it to a store and have a tech look at it. It just seems to magically start working again after a few minutes every time. I am not roaming while this is happening, and always have 3G and 3 or 4 bars of service.
    This seems to happen occasionally when I'm on Wifi. It's like the phone doesn't want to switch to a 3G data connection when sending the MMS since it can't do it over Wifi. So I think there is a correlation there. Usually, as you said, it ends up sending it soon after. There are so many weird Wifi/3G handoff things that I've almost given up on using Wifi randomly. If I'm going to sit and browse a bunch of sites on my phone, I'll turn it on, but for the most part I just keep it off. It's more trouble than it's worth it seems.

Occasionally I’ll take a picture, and it will show up as nothing. Nothing at all. A black screen. That’s it. Then 4 seconds later, I take another picture, and there it is fine.
    I've seen this one before. I had my finger over the lense. But seriously, I have seen it previously, but it's only happened one time in the three weeks I've had my X.
    08-11-2010 12:42 PM
    I've seen this one before. I had my finger over the lense. But seriously, I have seen it previously, but it's only happened one time in the three weeks I've had my X.
    hahaha....i seriously thought i did a second...but i didnt. I take A LOT of pictures and its probably happened to me 4 times
    08-11-2010 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD