Droid X Question (Just got one, coming in the mail!)

ian0789

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, It was my time to finally get an upgrade! So I went by the Verizon store after work looking to pick up the Droid. When I got to speak with one of the sales reps I found out that the Droid is no longer sold as of the other day and its only Droid 2. Looking at the prices Droid 2 was the same amount as Droid X so I went with the DX! Seems like a better bang for the buck,

So my question is.... 2day at work I was asking my friend about his droid and all the great stuff to do with it. He has the normal Droid not rooted. He told me that you can pick up .APK's and by hooking up your droid to the PC you can load them on to it. But will the APK files work for the Droid X? Are the APK files universal for all android phones or will the DX not be able to use/play those apps. I know that the DX can be rooted but there isnt any rooms or what not going on as of now.

I seen you can do Sideloading but does that apply to the DX or just to the older Androids.

Also is there anything you recommend for the DX when you 1st start playing with it =) I picked up a screen protector and case just to be on the safe side.

Thanks all!

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, thanks to someone here I found "appbrain.com" and have picked out the first few apps I'll load shortly after my phone gets here. Then a made a list of all the apps I want to try. I have no plans to root my phone until I've very comfortable with it so I can't help with those questions.... sorry.

still waiting....

ian0789

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I will have the check that site out! Has anyone found a any good sites for some free fun games? Or is there a lot that are for Free to download using the Android Market place?

I also order a Arm Band for the DX to use in the Gym. I was told it has Internet Radio apps! Kind of getting sick of all my Ipods music

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will have the check that site out! Has anyone found a any good sites for some free fun games? Or is there a lot that are for Free to download using the Android Market place?

I also order a Arm Band for the DX to use in the Gym. I was told it has Internet Radio apps! Kind of getting sick of all my Ipods music

Yeah there are alot of free and cheap games on market place ,coolest way to get them is using "AppBrain app" along with "fast web Installer app" when getting apps . Both of those are in the market too. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000