08-17-2010 04:11 PM
40 12
tools
    Housewife stuff (keeping track of everything from finances to groceries), RN, Travelling
    08-15-2010 07:23 PM
    Student stuff haha
    08-15-2010 07:25 PM
    Just about everything I can do with my laptop, except work with Dreamweaver or Quickbooks.

I use it for business and personal.

I would love it if I could update my website while mobile.
    08-15-2010 07:27 PM
    I doubt playing games would count as a job, but that is what keeps me busy on it. I have used Epocrates for work (nursing) a couple of times.
    08-15-2010 07:28 PM
    Insurance - mostly just emails, some pdf reading and phone calls.
    08-15-2010 07:38 PM
    I doubt playing games would count as a job, but that is what keeps me busy on it. I have used Epocrates for work (nursing) a couple of times.
    I use nursing central myself for work and more school...lol....
    08-15-2010 07:40 PM
    construction.
    08-15-2010 07:46 PM
    Work in a law firm.
    08-15-2010 08:10 PM
    Well wouldn't call it a job but i use mine to stream MLB audio while working Air Traffic Control!
    08-15-2010 08:19 PM
    I manage a warehouse. I use the X for lots of emails, taking pictures of parts/areas, spreadsheets, wifi hotspot is a must. I also use it for school. I write papers on it, keep my scheduling. I use it for church for calendar and lots of cotacts and info. I cannot complete a day without my X.
    08-15-2010 08:24 PM
    Well wouldn't call it a job but i use mine to stream MLB audio while working Air Traffic Control!
    lol...almost like my brother who works IT and all he does all night is surf the net!
    08-15-2010 08:25 PM
    Is reading fanfic, listening to Pandora, updating facebook, getting tweets, following buzz and checking Sportstap allday considered a job?
    08-15-2010 09:05 PM
    I am a mechanical engineering student. Use it for conversions, taking pictures of wire diagrams, timer, scheduler, task manager, other student stuff.
    08-15-2010 10:29 PM
    Well since I'm starting college in a couple weeks I'll probably use it for agendas/tasks and reminders. Not sure if I'll use it for a part time job but we'll see...
    08-15-2010 10:56 PM
    I'm a stay at home mom going to school to be a medical transcriptionist. This phone gets used for just about everything. I use it for my schedule and to remind me of doctor's appointments and such for me, hubby and 2 kids. It reminds me to do things around the house and keep track of my grocery list. I use it for financial management as well. I use epocrates for school and will be purchasing a medical dictionary app as well. Or course I also use it for keeping in touch with everyone on Facebook, Twitter, email and texting. As an added bonus, things like ABC flashcards and Dora puzzles to keep the kids occupied when we are out.
    08-15-2010 11:19 PM
    I'm in the Information Technology field. I use mine for Email mostly. When I don't have access to a computer I use it for Web research. Chat with friends and gaming during breaks or down time.
    08-16-2010 04:03 PM
    Email, shopping list, media device (music and podcasts with DoggCatcher), car radio replacement (Bluetooth head unit), GPS navigation, a tool at work for network and wireless troubleshooting (I'm in IT), Twitter, facebook, still/video camera, and emergency internet backup with Wifi Tether.

I don't really use the web browser or any games.
    08-16-2010 04:08 PM
    I investigate lawyers. I'm in the field 18 out of 20 days per month. So i use it as a lifeline to my office. I get my daily schedule put into my calendar automatically, my dockets are emailed to me, use the camera for photo evidence, use google talk to chat with my office or other coworkers when I don't want to be overheard, use the recorder to take verbal statements from witnesses or lawyers. Of course I use the navigation to get to where I need to be.
    08-16-2010 04:51 PM
    I do much of my academic correspondence and consulting on it. Combined with Dropbox, about the only thing I can't do is run Photoshop (in terms of job-related functions). I even review videos on it when I'm away from the office.
    08-16-2010 04:55 PM
    I'm a musician, so the media capabilities are great for me. I use dropbox to collaborate with people on the west coast (I'm in the midwest), the video on concert mode is great for recording a complicated part at a rehearsal so someone can see it as well as hear it (the audio quality on concert mode is exceptional for a phone)...of course keeping up with networking on fb and twitter, emails. I actually get 90% of my news from rss feeds on my phone, now that I have something that can handle it.
    The only small thing I wish we had that ios has is this killer guitar tab app, it's the only reason I still even touch my itouch anymore, besides maybe a game of civilization: revolutions.
    But I digress. I basically do more with this phone than I ever dreamt of doing with a phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-16-2010 05:11 PM
    Brain Surgeon ....... ok not really lol
    08-16-2010 05:56 PM
    I guess the ONLY thing mine is used for is as a tool to teach me patience.
    08-16-2010 06:30 PM
    Funny thread!
    I work as a Mountain Guide who does a lot of domestic as well as international travel. The DX is my first android phone although I'm very optimistic at how and what it was designed for. Media, media! I use it to listen to music, podcast as well as to watch movies while sitting in my tent or while traveling. Even thought its not a world phone (Verizon rip off rates!) it has wifi and believe it or not, just about every back woods village has wifi at this point, or at least where I go. Im also a gmail user and Google believer and feel the android experience crushes what I have experienced up to this point (Storm on BB and itouch). The itouch was great with traveling (can you say unrestricted Skype Verizon!) but I hated the limited user interface. Summary, Android is pretty sweet for what I do!
    08-16-2010 06:58 PM
    I have used Epocrates for work (nursing) a couple of times.
    Same here. Handy little thing to have around when I come across a med I don't know.
    08-16-2010 08:18 PM
    I use it to solve problems....AKA life
    08-16-2010 08:26 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD