Thin line on screen, is this normal

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
On my DX I notice a very thin line that runs horizontally across the bottom of the screen (when held portrait style). It is very faint and only really noticeable when the screen is very dark or if you look hard for it. It's position is right along the top of the normal screen widgets for the phone, menu and contacts, so I first thought it was there for them, but I can see it on all screens. Again have to look for it as it is faint but it is there. Reminds me of the wires that used to run behind Sony CRT monitors years ago. I know it's not that of course.

Does anyone else have this, should I exchange for a replacement? thoughts.

Thanks for the help! :)

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont think that is normal. You should not have any lines running across a screen at all. It might be faint now but you never know that it might get worse over time. I would ask for a replacement. And when you do call them for a replacement, you have to be specific...if youre under 30 days, you can ask for a NIB DX but will have to wait for 2 weeks OR if youre over 30 days, theyll give you a FRU phone meaning it is just the phone without anything else.