Switch from Droid Incredible - got a few Q's

f3liC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i finally got a droid x! I was hoping everything would be mostly the same but all and all, htc definitely made a better user interface. With that said, there are a few questions i have if someone could take the time to answer.

With the droid incredible, once i plug in the usb i was able to browse the file systems of both the internal memory of the droid incredible and memory card on my pc. I noticed that this isn't the same for the Droid X. Is there a way i can browse the filesystem/folders? I prefer to manually manage everything instead of letting a program do everything for me.

I used the droid incredible for a while and got used to the widgets included, namely the music, calendar, agenda, and clock widgets. Are there apps that can emulate such widgets? I know Beautiful widgets/fancy widgets does the same for the clock but are there any solutions for the music, caldendar, and agenda widgets?

Thanks!

f3liC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have installed the drivers and put it in "usb mass storage" mode and do not the storage of my phone. The only storage is see is from my microsd. Am i doing something wrong?

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Good question on the storage. I am not sure.

However, on the widgets ... Moto has provided widgets for most of those features.

On another note ... I find tastes to be such a funny thing. I hated the HTC 'Sense' interface. I much prefer what Moto has done.

Also there are some widgets from the market you might check out .. but avoid the "Pure" brand .. they seem to be causing some issues (unless it was fixed as of this post).

f3liC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was just checking out the Pure brand. I have the music, grid calendar, and calender (agenda view) widgets. Put them on for a day and they seem to work just fine. The only thing i saw wrong was for the agenda view where the days were not correct (an event was listed for 2 days later but the pure agenda view would instead say 1 day away)

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have installed the drivers and put it in "usb mass storage" mode and do not the storage of my phone. The only storage is see is from my microsd. Am i doing something wrong?

When your plugged into the usb drag your notification bar down and select your "charge only" that brings up your choices. I think the one you want to access your phone memory on your computer is "pc sync" I don't have my usb cord with me right now so I can't tell you for sure. Let me know if this is what you mean you're trying to figure out.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the internal memory is not partitioned/formatted in a way that you can access the file system on your pc, in the same way you couldn't get access to the 740ish mb on the inc, you can't see the 6ish gb on the x.

if you want to see and manage it, you'll need root and then a file explorer like root explorer on the phone.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess I didnt know what he meant then. I just thought he was looking for drive E or F, which ever is not the Sd card that pops up if you have auto start on your comp. when you plug in an incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown