I want a Droid X but im on Sprint. What to do?

reecendevlin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I can terminate my contract for $150 and buy the phone for $200 for a total of $350. Sprint's only $15 cheaper than Verizon on a single plan for me anyway.

Also how much should I sell my Evo for?

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Look on ebay. Blackberry bolds are going for anywhere from 150 to 265, which I can't believe. Evo has got to go for more than that.

Webst3r

Aug 17, 2010
www.websterstechnology.com
I can terminate my contract for $150 and buy the phone for $200 for a total of $350. Sprint's only $15 cheaper than Verizon on a single plan for me anyway.

Also how much should I sell my Evo for?

The Droid X and the EVO are almost entirely identical. I wouldn't see the point in paying more for Verizon because of a device you pretty much already have. I own a Droid X, and I've played with an EVO, and there isn't much of a diff.

But if you really do want to trade, you can do what the others suggest.

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am curious why you would dump your EVO for a Droid X?

I was using a T-Mobile HTC HD2 which I loved, but hated T-Mobile's poor 3G signal strength. So I went to buy a Droid X, but no one had it at the time. So I decided to try the Samsung Galaxy S phone. The T-Mobile Vibrant still suffered from pour 3G (so never again going with them!), so I went with the AT&T Captivated. Their signal was great! But the phone had too many things I did not like. Most of my time was spent just trying to get their TouchWiz desktop to look like HTC's Sense UI by using Beautiful Widgets, but it was buggy. And the OEM, K-9, and MailDroid e-mail programs were horrible compared (once again) to the one in HTC Sense. So I figured that if I wanted HTC Sense, and wanted out of T-Mobile, but wanted something big like the HD2, then might as well get the EVO. So I did, and so far living it more than my HD2.

But the Droid X still does intrigue me! And I can still return it yet, have time. But not sure how I would like the X over the EVO. From what I have seen, the Blur UI does NOT impress me at all. Looks so plain Jane compared to Sense UI. And to get the clock/weather like Sense, I would have to go back to the buggy Beautiful Widgets. And how is the e-mail on the X? That is extremely important to me as well. So I ask you, what is making you swap the EVO for the X?

Vone

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If I could I would totally trade my X for an Evo in a heartbeat. I dont see why you would want to get rid of it in favor of the X when it is a much better phone.

ipsadixit

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
They' re both great phones. I love my X and went with Verizon since I didn't want to pay extra to have an EVO (and no 4G where I live). That said, my boyfriend has an EVO and I love it. I prefer Sense UI, but really have no problem with Blur on my X. I don't think you can go wrong with X or EVO :) (Though I am not sure Swype is on the EVO and having tried Swype, I don't think I could go to a phone without it!):cool:

Selling the EVO and using proceeds to pay the ETF seems like the best idea as has already been suggested.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the Evo for 35 days and traded up for the Droid X. They are very similar phones but I much prefer the X for these reasons.

• Talking on the phone is much better (including speakerphone). The Evo just seems to use crappy speakers. They pop and have issues. I have seen this on many HTC devices in general.
  • Battery life is far better on the Dx
  • I really hated Sense. I know I am in the minority on this one... but I think Sense is a terrible UI .. especially the contacts piece.
  • Lastly ... the build quality on the Dx just feels superior.

Other Notes:
  • On paper .. the Dx is faster but I have not noticed any difference in day to day activity.
  • The Evo has a front facing camera .. which I never used (except to test)
  • The Evo takes better pictures IMO. Although the Dx is still nice.
  • 4g was spotty and due to battery drain was kept off most of the time (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio areas)
  • 3g was really fast in Austin but slow in Dallas. Verizon seems really consistent ... Although a bit slower than Sprint.

If you have any questions then let me know. In conclusion .. I recommend the Dx over the Evo. Also if you are in the TX area you can get the new VZW plans that give you unlimited m2m just like Sprint.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000