backups

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorta afraid to post this cause I'm prob gonna get jumped on for posting something that was searchable. :)
But, I searched backup and I didn't find anything that looks like it works on the X.

What are you guys using to backup your X?
(unrooted)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
ZOMG you didn't see the search option??? !?!?!?

But seriously, what are you backing up? There are a number of free SMS backups available in the market. Google backs up contacts, if you use LauncherPro or ADW they have the ability to back up.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the phone backs up your contacts and calendar automatically as it is in constant sync with google's services. so there is no need to create a backup.

if you lose / replace your phone you will lose your texts, pictures/videos, and apps though.

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I transferred my contacts from my BB to my X. None of the ones that were transferred will sync with gmail contacts, only the ones I enter into my X will sync. Why and how do I get them to sync?
Calendar events sync both ways.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
what did you use to transfer them into the x?

make sure contacts are checked in the accounts app for the google account

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Back up everything as is. I know my contacts are backed up, notes on SD, etc. Just the settings and other 'behind the scenes things' that we work on to get our X's just right.
I had used Sprite backup on a previous phone and it worked perfectly on restore after I had to get a replacement. However, I read somewhere on here that Sprite wasn't working so well on the X.
So, I just wondered if there was just a good backup that covers and restores it all at one time and in one place.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For me, it's all the settings as well as home pages that I would want backed up. My data (contacts, calendar and emails) are in gmail and my apps are in both the Market as well as AppBrain...but the settings. It would probably take me half a day to even try to sit down and remember all the icons I had set up on each page, and there's no way I'd remember all the settings I created over the past few weeks. It would be sweet if there was an app that would back that stuff up. Then you could plug in a replacement and be rolling in minutes. It's about the only thing that I miss from bb.

ETjumps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Settings, notes, photos, memos. A lot of these like contacts can be replaced and backup indiviually, but how about a backup for everything

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
+1 for settings backup... Recently got stuck in a random reboot loop after I'd had the phone for a week. Sure, I didn't lose anything "important," but it took forever to get things back the way I liked.

scorch968

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Contacts / Email / Calendar sync with Google. I use AppBrain to keep track of my installed applications. Most of my pics and vids are on the SD card. You can always back those up manually via drag n drop on your pc.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try My Backup Pro. It backs up either online or to your SD card, which is what I use. It's done in two steps - applications and data. You can schedule to do backups automatically or you can do it manually. Very nice program. Has a restore ability included. Got it from the Market. No problems with it so far. Had it since I got the DX in July.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol