Case or no case?

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I cant be trusted without a case. Im worried b/c i got the DX a few days ago and havent found a case yet. I ordered from here because I got one from him for my storm2 and I loved it. Hope it gets here soon.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Naked...butt naked. Is the cover really gonna protect it if I drop it? No (maybe the really hard robo solid cases), not those little thin rubber cases. And If I drop it and it nicks it, it gives it character. I have tried the screen protectors and nothing feels as slick and smooth as a nice clean piece of glass.

I never understood having a phone and a year later when you are getting a new phone, the old one has no scratches and is perfect, after you take off the cover of course. Soooo...now you have a phone you arent using anymore that has no scratches, whats the point of that?

But do what you feel comfortable with, if youre nervous, get one...otherwise...its great being free!

The point is you will get double resale value for a brand new looking phone than for one that is all beat up.

I bought the "soft plastic" or rubber plastic" whatever it's called $3 case from ebay and it is PERFECT. Fits like a $30 case and it has already saved my phone a couple times.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Case. I got the silicon vz wrap, and it protects it very well, a month and no scratches. And I work a manual labor job, plus I'm clumsy, so it's kind of a must. That wrap/skin/case actually kind of feels good, and hardly adds any bulk. It does take a second to get used to not seeing the backlit keys at the bottom.
I go naked at home, because I do love the hand feel of the x.
Now, here's something kinda crazy and ocd that I do: I position a folded up lint free cleaning cloth over the camera lens UNDERNEATH THE SILICON CASE so it holds it in place and covers the camera. I do this at work only. I murder plastic lens covers like that and it would already have a dozen scratches on it if I didn't do it. Plus I have a cleaning cloth handy if my screen gets mucked up. If I need to take a pic, I just peel it all back and hold it back to do it, then peel it all back on.
I use a skinomi screen protector, too.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Naked...butt naked. Is the cover really gonna protect it if I drop it? No (maybe the really hard robo solid cases), not those little thin rubber cases. And If I drop it and it nicks it, it gives it character. I have tried the screen protectors and nothing feels as slick and smooth as a nice clean piece of glass.

I never understood having a phone and a year later when you are getting a new phone, the old one has no scratches and is perfect, after you take off the cover of course. Soooo...now you have a phone you arent using anymore that has no scratches, whats the point of that?

But do what you feel comfortable with, if youre nervous, get one...otherwise...its great being free!

I think people want them perfect so that you can sell it on ebay later. I never knew this till someone told me, but people do buy used phones. I for example, just ordered an X. I have an att blackberry bold 9700. A friend told me to put it on ebay. I have been looking, and they are going for over 200 bucks every day. Not unlocked, not new. It's crazy. I guess people really don't like those 2 year contracts.

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems everyone has those silacone soft cases. I don't like those cause they stick to your pocket. Any suggestions that don't stick?

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
It seems everyone has those silacone soft cases. I don't like those cause they stick to your pocket. Any suggestions that don't stick?

The glossy silicone case from Verizon is not tacky feeling at all, and doesn't cover up the buttons at the bottom of the screen, like the matte version does.

mission214#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
No case here either...although I am still rocking the vzw screen protector, but I know what you mean about it not looking great. The best thing about it is that it doesn't show any fingerprints. What's the fingerprint situation like without the screen protector?
Fingerprints are horrible without a screen protector. I keep a small microfiber cloth to wipe prints and face juices off the screen. Also recommend the clear plastic case from vzw store- easy on and off and phone still looks great. BB convert and loving my X!