replacement DX arrives tomorrow!!

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i ordered my replacement DX today and will arrive tomorrow via ups overnight. If anyone remembers, i was the one who smashed the DX by jumping on a trampoline.....ummm,.....yeeeaaaa....*never live that down* ne way, went through the insurance, didn't have one problem, not sure why so many people are scared of the insurance, ie, (getting a dif device then what you had) just had to pay $89 (kinda sucks but better then 600)

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'm still waiting for my 1st DX to ship. Ordered on the 13th. Said it should ship by the 30th.

edit: I did put insurance on it though. You just never know when something might happen like that. I thought it was only $50 for replacement? Usually VZW ships through FedEx 2 day. Did you pay xtra for UPS overnight?

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Using the insurance do you know if you are getting a brand new guy or a certified refurbished? That's my only concern with the insurance...

scorch968

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I sprung for the full insurance package too. I'm usually quite careful with my phone, but I figured why not. I can always cancel it, but I wasn't sure if you could add it after your 30 days are up.

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Wow. I'm still waiting for my 1st DX to ship. Ordered on the 13th. Said it should ship by the 30th.

edit: I did put insurance on it though. You just never know when something might happen like that. I thought it was only $50 for replacement? Usually VZW ships through FedEx 2 day. Did you pay xtra for UPS overnight?

Like wise. I am waiting for my first DX. How did you manage to get one so fast??

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement today. Didn't come in a certified like new box, came in the same box as if it was new. *note to self "NO JUMPING ON TRAMPOLINE WITH THE DX!!"*

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I replaced because I had a hardware issue and was given a certified like new

When the video camera wouldn't record audio, I returned my first Dx and was told I would be getting a "like new" one. I told the manager I only had the phone for 15 days after having paid $300 initially. He said, "sorry, we'll swap for a like new".

I swapped alright, I swapped for a new BB Bold 9650 but then after a week the trackpad went all wonky and the i kept getting http error 502 on every freakin webpage i visited. I returned the BB Bold and got another then last week when I heard the D2 was pushed up, I decided i wanted one and found out that Friday, the 13th was the end of my 30 days. Unfortunately, the store was sold out of the D2 but the sales associate assured me they would have more in on the 13th!

I called on the 13th and no shipments were due until the 18th! Lots of expletives later, I went to store and was going to return the BB Bold and go to another store and get the D2 when the sales associate (another one) told me there were two Dxs available.

So one week later, I'm on my second Dx. I'm happy :) although the noise in the ear piece is annoying at high volumes but I can live with it so long as there are no major problems.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Like wise. I am waiting for my first DX. How did you manage to get one so fast??

Replacements are either coming from insurance claims or in store replacements where a new one is ordered in their name. Online ordering is basically one big store front where thousands of them were ordered. By now most local stores will be getting close to or have been able to sell stock in store. It might be sold out the day of receiving it but, I doubt many stores have a backlog of in store orders. So it would be easy to go in and order a phone and get it before someone who ordered online. Just like I am sure BB and Walmart and Costco, and all the other resellers have probably caught up to demand.

Edit: Doh if this was the Trampoline guy then it was an insurance replacement.