WiFi indicator question

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed when im connected to wifi sometimes its the wifi icon and the 3g icon and sometimes its just the wifi icon. Should i be worried about that?

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i don't know 4 sure but i think that its 3g or wi-fi for what the phone chooses or its data connection. i believe the 4 bars r 4 your cellular coverage. i think data can only be 3 g or wifi.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This happens with me briefly when I'm on WiFi and I get a MMS. When I click to download the MMS, 3G pops on for a bit to complete the download and then drops back off. BTW, I'm using Handcent if that matters.

Don't know if that helps or not but grnsl2 is correct that data can only be 3G or WiFi.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen to me that the OP is talking about. Im connected to wifi according to the speedtest numbers i get. but i think it has happened to me 3 times when the wifi connects the 3g does not disappear from the notification bar. So Im showing wifi, 3g, and cell(voice not data) all at the same time. Strange little bug but it does not seem to effect performance at all. Toggle wifi off, then back on is how i got the 3g to disappear all 3 times i had it happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1