multi-tasking on the X

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If im in reading a text and someone sent me a new number, which I want to edit the number in my contacts, How on earth do I go from an open text to my contacts without closing the text screen??? I though this phone was capable of multi tasking but cant figure it out. Please help

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
No a friend of mine in my contacts changed her phone#, she sent me a text stating this is my new number. The actual number came across as the title of the text, you cant copy and paste that. I wanted to leave that text open and go to my contact and edit her number by just switching back and forth from text to contacts without have to completey end the text app and open the contact app then close the contact app ans reopen the text app..

Also another thought if someone sent me something in a text and I want to leave it open so I can call someone to read it to them how do I do that. Like I was saying I though this phone was capable of mutli tasking????

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Most apps will stay open even if you press home or back to leave the screen.

To quickly switch back and fourth you can hold the Home button for a second or two and a box with your 6 last used apps will pop up.

if that doesn't solve your problem, i'm not sure what the problem is.

ncl

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think maybe the definition of multi-taking may be the problem here. While the Android OS does allow for multiple applications to run at the same time, it does not allow for multiple applications to be on the screen at the same time (this would be very difficult on a small screen (even the 4.3" on the droidX/Evo). The apps continue to run, but do so in the background (hence multi-tasking).

I am not aware of any mobile OS that allows you to run apps in "windows" where you can have several open/viewable at a time. WebOS has cards, but you can't see more than one card at a time (or at least you can't see the cards if you have an app active).

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think maybe the definition of multi-taking may be the problem here. While the Android OS does allow for multiple applications to run at the same time, it does not allow for multiple applications to be on the screen at the same time (this would be very difficult on a small screen (even the 4.3" on the droidX/Evo). The apps continue to run, but do so in the background (hence multi-tasking).

I am not aware of any mobile OS that allows you to run apps in "windows" where you can have several open/viewable at a time. WebOS has cards, but you can't see more than one card at a time (or at least you can't see the cards if you have an app active).

Yes I understand that, I was wondering if your on the phone talking to someone and they ask you for a number thats been texted to you or a number in your contacts how do u bring that up without having to hang the phone up and call them back with info. THis is my first smart phone. last phone I had was the LG Dare i was able to view the contents in contacts and text messages without dropping the call, not sure how you do this on the X

ncl

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I understand that, I was wondering if your on the phone talking to someone and they ask you for a number thats been texted to you or a number in your contacts how do u bring that up without having to hang the phone up and call them back with info. THis is my first smart phone. last phone I had was the LG Dare i was able to view the contents in contacts and text messages without dropping the call, not sure how you do this on the X

While on the phone hit you home button. The call will stay connected and you will be able to run an other app (unless it requisres data on the CDMA Cellular network - data on WIFI will still work).

If you need to get back to the phone app open the notification area, the phone app will be there.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Most apps will stay open even if you press home or back to leave the screen.

To quickly switch back and fourth you can hold the Home button for a second or two and a box with your 6 last used apps will pop up.

if that doesn't solve your problem, i'm not sure what the problem is.

Thank you, Yes it worked, I still say they need a manuel that tells you all this stuff.