How do you charge your X?

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my X. Can't wait. I am just looking at some accesor ies. Does anyone use the multimedia dock to charge, or maybe one of the mats that you just lay it down on? I was wondering if they are any good.

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Unless something has changed that slipped by me, the mats still need to be plugged into the phone. I use media/desktop dock. It can be a pita to get the phone on it having two plugs, but after a week or so its getting easier.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the media dock. It sits on my night stand. I've had it since launch day and yes, it will get easier to get the phone on and off over time.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The multimedia dock is a way overrated/overpriced piece of plastic, IMO.

Anyways, I charge mine by sticking to leads into a lemon, and then connecting to the phone. Green power, ftw!

ifrankenberg

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the dock for use at work mainly to have so movie going every once in a while I charger it if needed.and I charge at home overnight

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You plug it in the wall ;) i just use the cable that came with it. Its short so make sure an outlet is around where u want to charge.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I use the car dock to and from work where I use it to listen to music or check traffic.
At work, I tether when I am at my desk. So, it gets a charge during the day.
At home I use my desktop on the weekends, or if it drops too low before going to bed.
I used to plug it into the wall at night, but the battery is virtually unchanged from when I go to bed and wake up now.

Now that I have had it for a couple of weeks, the battery life is better than my Storm was. If anything, I charge it more than necessary due to tethering.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the charger it came with when charging overnight , or my primo cube if I need to charge it during the day some.:cool:

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i use the multimedia dock as well, it's cleaner than having the cable lying around waiting to fall off my nightstand.

it got easier to slip in after about a week, and i hold it from the bottom edge now and that seems to help as well.

i only paid about $20 for it, so it was totally worth the price :)

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the multi-media dock. I use one at work and at home.

Like others have said ... it is a pain to get in and out of the dock for the first week or so ... but eventually gets easy!

I also use the car dock and like it alot.

The Motorola extended battery (1880 mah) will fit both the home/car docks without any issues.

VZW stores will give usually give you a 25-30% discount when buying 3 or more accessories .. ask.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I loved having the dock for my Droid 1. In fact, I bought one for home (nightstand) & one for my desk at work. I could just literally "drop" it in place. But now with the DX, I find the dock to be so overpriced and difficult to insert/remove, I just bought a coupld of extra AC chargers (genuine Moto fast chargers). I have 2 at home, keep the OEM charger/USB set in my travel bag and have another charger at work. I also have a car charger in case I need topping off during the day. I figured the money I'd spend on the HDMI dock would be better put to use buying an extended battery (which I did).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz