dropped my x got a crack in screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
fuuuck what do i do. I dropped it and it got a crack in the screen. n othing to bad but still a crack across right side of screen. I dont get the insurance and i got my phone only 2 weeks ago. HELP

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Call Verizon and get the insurance. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, tell them you've damaged your phone. Wait 24 hours (or however long it takes for the ins to kick in but min. 24 hours to not be obvious) and go to a store and get a new phone/new screen. It will be cheaper than buying a new screen outright (it might cost you $90).

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
fuuuck what do i do. I dropped it and it got a crack in the screen. n othing to bad but still a crack across right side of screen. I dont get the insurance and i got my phone only 2 weeks ago. HELP

Don't worry, you're still in your 30 days. Get insurance, wait a bit then take it make and file a claim.

You'll be right as rain.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will. Call for the insurance today, wait out the weekend possibly, and then file a claim in the store. If you do it same day it will be sketchy

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What is filing a claim? How long will i have to wait for a new phone? How much will it cost. This is such bs i dropped it from litterally two feet

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What is filing a claim? How long will i have to wait for a new phone? How much will it cost. This is such bs i dropped it from litterally two feet

asurion sends free over night, so you should get it tomorrow if you get it in before 5pm

there will be an $89 deductible to be paid over the phone before they send you a new phone

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Also cud somebody tell me what the 30 day thing matters

You can only pickup the insurance within 30 days of purchase. They do not need the phone or see the phone to add it. Probably best to be done over the phone (the sign up, do the claim in store for a chance to walk home with one).

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You can only pickup the insurance within 30 days of purchase. They do not need the phone or see the phone to add it. Probably best to be done over the phone (the sign up, do the claim in store for a chance to walk home with one).

Should i tell them that i drop the phone after i purchased the insurance

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
..also in addition to what everyone said get the 7.99 warranty one (that covers everything) and wait 4 or 5 days at least :)

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I think this is funny as ****Z NITZ............Your the idiot that dropped your phone and broke it and was to much of a tight azz to buy the insuracnce now you want the insurance co. that you didn't want to bail you OUT....what a looooossssseeeerrrrrr. Karma has a way of coming back and biting you on the azz.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No, this is fraud.

No insurance fraud is actually lying about information or in cases where purposeful damage isn't covered like arson and its used to make a claim.

If he goes in and asks for coverage and he gets it no questions. Calls them up and says he dropped it and the screen cracked and they ask nothing about dates. That isn't fraud.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
kingneptune,

I believe the 30 days is the window you have to order the insurance. If you are within 30 days of purchase, you can buy insurance after the fact. It will cost you $8.99 a month, I think.

Do not tell them anything about the broken screen just yet. Call Customer Service and tell them you had second thoughts about turning down the insurance and would like to buy it.

Middle of next week, file a claim with insurance (Asurion, most likely). You can tell them the screen cracked, it doesn't matter how it cracked really. Insurance covers accidental damage.

You'll most likely get a refurbished X from Asurion. You will not get a brand new device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz