unable to view websites on wifi [froyo]

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
is there anyone else having smilar problems as i am?
i can't seem to connect to any websites while i am on wifi after putting froyo on my droid x.

the problem seems to go away when i switch to data

is this a known issue?

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, still not working =[
i dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that i am connecting to a wifi that is provided by my cable service provider at home [optimum/timewarner/cablevision, etc]

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Try a* 228. I had to do that after the install as I had no data of 3g or 1x and it fixed that.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

bort27

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the FroYo update today and I'm having the same issue. I can connect to my WiFi network, and I can get an IP address, but I can't actually transfer any data.

Is it possible that there's a corrupt update.zip floating around the Internet? Here's the info for the version I used:

Size: 70845746 bytes
MD5: d37022aa1aaacd8432cd09094922d149
SHA1: 50f002cd7cea48c21dc6f2a5f442f4e0baf24700

I guess my next step will be to restore the phone to stock Android 2.1 using SBF and try again. Please let me know if you discover anything.

bort27

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I found that while I'm still unable to connect to my home WiFi (which is secured with WPA), I am able to connect to the network at work (which is "secured" with WEP). So if you're using WPA, try switching to WEP or disabling encryption entirely and see what happens.

mp0890

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i cant connect to my school's enterprise network at all... it just goes through a loop of obtaining an ip address, failing, and starting over. my girlfriend with the dinc on 2.2 has the same issue.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i cant connect to my school's enterprise network at all... it just goes through a loop of obtaining an ip address, failing, and starting over. my girlfriend with the dinc on 2.2 has the same issue.

Isn't there the rumor that the official Froyo update had been postponed because of Enterprise issues? If so, maybe that is the problem you are seeing... and if that its true then I wonder if that means you are out of luck until the official 2.2, or another leak. All just speculation on my part..sorry to not actually be of assistance.

bort27

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I figured it out. This build of FroYo does not like WPA with AES. You need to use TKIP instead on your wifi router. (I also had problems when trying AES+TKIP mode, so make sure you're only using TKIP. Unfortunately this does make the wifi network less secure...)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante