google voice actions "call (name)" cant be completed as dialed+

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble locating an answer to this problem i have been havinwit the new google voice actions on Froyo... the voice command "call (name)" keeps placing 1+ in front of the number (this is when calling a business I don't have in my address book). VERIZON returns "can't be completed as dialed" because there are no domestic long distance numbers with mobile. I have looked through phone setting to find something to disable this, but to no avail. Anyone have some knowledge in this? Thanx

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It's always best to enter all contact numbers with the area code, even the local ones. It used to be that you only needed the area code if you were roaming, but it may be that all calls now are made using the A/C.

I started doing this when I realized I had to hand-enter numbers when I was out of my local area. That got old fast and I found out it makes no difference if the A/C is used on local numbers.

Maybe this will help?

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No, that doesn't really apply here. This specific to the new voice actions feature in 2.2 and the way it automatically dials a local business number that u asked for. This will be a major topic once the new voice action feature is released. I'd like to say we were the first to have the answer. Its frusterating because its not really a phone setting thing because its fed by the service@ google.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair