Google voice verification?

thirdeye7

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I was never able to verify my number either. Strange thing is, the google voice app still functioned correctly. I tried at least ten times when i first set it up, and I finally gave up. But when I went into the app, it worked. See if it does the same for you.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It has happened to me as well. But, it still sends all of my calls to Google voicemail. On my droid incredible, when I selected google voicemail, it automatically reset the speed dial in number 1. On both of my Motorola Droids... droid 1 and droid 2, I had to go in and change speed dial 1 so that it goes to google voicemail.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, so the app itself is buggy or something?

No, just the verification process is buggy. Once you have it set up it works just fine... and once you go to Froyo the picture sync function will work like it's supposed to.

You should note that Google Voice works best when you're also signed into Google Talk.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No matter what it seems that after I enter my pin, it fails to verify after that, no idea why it would do so.

Enter your pin... let the thing work, it will fail and then pull the battery out. When the DX reboots GV should be working. Yes, this is the current work around to the verification bug. lol.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
lol... wow. That sucks. I tried ... I really did.

Um, what if you disable the pin requirement via the web and THEN try to do the activation? Yes, when the activation hangs you'll still have to pull the battery. lol.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
how do I disable the pin requirement? xD

You'd have to go into your google voice settings on the main google voice website.

In settings click on "edit" for your DX. When that page opens click on "advanced settings". Then, when the advanced settings are shown click on the button that says "PIN not required" and click save.

Last edited:

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Alright I finally got it to work!! :D but one question, how do I set it up to take voicemail for my current phone number rather than my google phone number

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright I finally got it to work!! :D but one question, how do I set it up to take voicemail for my current phone number rather than my google phone number

Yay, we won! lol. To use your VZW voicemail instead of GV voicemail go to call settings in the main settings menu and select "my carrier" for voicemail service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20