battery life better with LIVE wallpaper??

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was hesitant to get a live background in fear it would use up battery life. And honestly, my battery life was not that good. I had the stock android bg.
But, I put the Thunderstorm Free app on (love it btw) and my battery life is so much better??
WHY???
It's not my imagination. It's 1 pm and by now I'd have had to had it charged. With normal use it's at 60 % now.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
DIdn't make sense to me either. I don't use any task killer, just letting the machine run. That's what i gathered from this forum is the safest thing to do.
Makes me wonder tho WHAT was using that much of my battery.....

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Likely the GPS bug that doesn't always shut it off. If your battery starts to decline again, you could add the GPS widget and try toggling it off and see if the battery improves.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Likely the GPS bug that doesn't always shut it off. If your battery starts to decline again, you could add the GPS widget and try toggling it off and see if the battery improves.

I have one of those GPS widgets and keep it off..well, at least it appears off, the GPS icon isn't showing in the status bar.
but something is def up..I've browsed, Youtubed, Pandora'd, Gmail, texted, and it's now 4 oclock and it's just now gettin to 30%.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Its nearly 8pm est and my battery is at 70%.
Gps running all day and pretty heavy use. No live wallpaper. You may be using less battery but you definitely have not gained anything from live wallpaper.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok...what do I need to do to find out what is eating up my battery? Again, haven't done anything with task killers, they seemed to have not been rcommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia