Contacts & Email Issue

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I realize (with considerable disappointment and bewiderment) that the Contact Groups I created in the online version of Gmail are not available on my Droid X. So I defined a group of contacts on my phone. When I tap and hold the banner over the group, I get a popup message asking if I want to Text or Email the group. I select Email and then choose Compose to email through my DroidX Gmail app. Gmail opens, but none of the contacts are placed in the To field.

I tried it with a group of one contact only just to make sure there were not too many in the other group, but it still did not work.

Has anyone gotten this functionality to work? I sure would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
This seems like a HUGE gap in this app and Android 2.1. I also tried to load the desktop version of the Gmail app in the browser and it will only allow me to load the Basic HTML version which does not allow displaying by group. There has to be a way to do this! (That's the eternal optimist in me talking).

Does anyone know if this has been addressed in Froyo?l

Help!

Thanks!

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Doesn't work on this end either. I also have a corporate email (exchange) account on my Droid X and if I choose to compose the email (from the group banner) it will add them to the to: field.

Strange.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta