1. timjmayer's Avatar
    I am kinda stuck,
    I ordered a droid x two weeks ago, online using an early upgrade.
    Three days after that I walked into best buy and the guy in the store who I had asked like twenty times about the x said one came in, and do I want it?
    I wasn't planning on it, but I wanted the phone bad, so I went ahead and bought it.

    I immediately went to the corporate store and asked them to cancel the other phone. They claimed they couldn't so I emailed Verizon and got an email back saying the order was canceled.

    Today the new Droid x showed up anyway.
    My account was charged for it.

    Do I send it back? Am I better off trying to sell it for what I paid to someone who had to wait like I did?

    I don't want to lose money, but I don't mind coming out even if it is an easy transaction on Craigslist or something. Is it worth this effort? What is the phone worth? I am afraid to risk the cost of the phone as I am pretty poor.

    Does anyone have an opinion on this?
    Appreciate the help
    08-25-2010 10:27 PM
  2. timjmayer's Avatar
    oh yeah,,,if it was for the discounted price I wouldn't care,,Id just sell it, maybe even make a buck, but since I used my upgrade already on the one at best buy,,,its full retail right?
    08-25-2010 10:28 PM
  3. doctorlove316's Avatar
    oh yeah,,,if it was for the discounted price I wouldn't care,,Id just sell it, maybe even make a buck, but since I used my upgrade already on the one at best buy,,,its full retail right?
    Well, how much did you get charged for it? Did you pay full retail for it or did they screw up and give you a discounted price twice?
    08-25-2010 11:01 PM
  4. Super Turtleman's Avatar
    If you got two at the discounted price, hit eBay or even Craigslist. Make yourself a little money (as long as they're not forcing two contracts on you...you might wanna check into that).
    08-26-2010 12:25 AM
  5. timjmayer's Avatar
    well the paperwork in the box said 199.00 but the verizon store told me since I used my discount they will end up charging me full price, but as of now, they haven't changed it. I was just assuming the computer would see I used the discount, and then charge me full price. Am I wrong? I would hate to sell the thing and then have verizon come back next month and charge me 600 for it and I had already sold it for less.
    Maybe it would be smart to just send it back... I was just thinking someone would want it and not have to wait..

    the phone is fantastic by the way...best I have ever owned...

    came from droid...
    the smartphones I had before that were Storm 1 (ouch) , Tour, Eris ( ouch) and Droid 1
    08-26-2010 12:32 AM
  6. Super Turtleman's Avatar
    IMO, your safest option is to just send it back/return to the store.
    08-26-2010 01:28 AM
  7. doctorlove316's Avatar
    I'd have to agree. As tempting as it would be to test the market and see what you could get, just imagine if something happened to it while you were waiting to sell it (stolen, broken, lost, etc).

    Personally, I'd just return it. You get your $600 back. How much over retail are you expecting to get? Not worth it.
    08-26-2010 01:40 AM
  8. brandonx1000's Avatar
    the systems have a little bit of lag time...trust me, it will notice you upgraded already, and they will hit you with full retail within 1-2 months

    take my advice and send it back
    08-26-2010 05:33 AM
  9. chief113's Avatar
    Dude put it on ebay. You'll get a ton for it.
    08-26-2010 06:26 AM
  10. bberrynewbie84's Avatar
    Send it back man!
    08-26-2010 07:01 AM
  11. CIMYA89's Avatar
    08-26-2010 07:53 AM
  12. davidnc's Avatar
    See if any of your friends need one and sell it to them or send it back,make sure yo get a tracking number if you send it back though so they cant say they did not get it back
    08-26-2010 07:58 AM
  13. gafly's Avatar
    Send it back. The VZW computers may be slow... but there's no fooling them in the end.
    08-26-2010 08:13 AM
  14. Topweasel's Avatar
    Send it back. You are either going to be charged $199, and a $350 EFT if it doesn't get attached to an account, or $600. This isn't an Iphone 4, there really isn't a strong contract-less market for it, you are not going to get much more then you end up paying for it and any one with half a brain would just pay the $200, and get it new from Verizon.
    08-26-2010 08:22 AM
  15. moosc's Avatar
    Sell it on eBay for no less the 600$ i got 575$ for a used Dinc
    08-26-2010 10:26 AM
  16. Topweasel's Avatar
    Sell it on eBay for no less the 600$ i got 575$ for a used Dinc
    Is it worth it to get almost no profit from it when he can just walk into a store and return it?
    08-26-2010 11:12 AM
  17. dubge's Avatar
    The only way I would keep it is if I was not charged for it and even then I would keep it in case they charged me in the future. Dame thing happened to me with direct tv, I was having MANY issues with the new HD boxes they put out (the black ones) and they had to keep sending me new ones and at one point they sent me 2 of them so I kept em both in case the one I was using screwed up again, well it never did and it sat in my garage for a year. I ended up putting in another HD tv in another room and now use it.
    08-26-2010 11:38 AM
  18. Jigmeister's Avatar
    Send it to me!
    08-26-2010 01:06 PM
  19. StormAddict718's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat..... ordered my Droid X on 8/18 (at upgrade price)... went to walmart and picked one up on 8/26 (at the upgrade price)... called Vzw to cancel the order and they wouldn't let me.... got my shipping confirmation today (8/29) expected to be delivered on 8/31... think I will be returning the one I bought back to walmart.. and just keep the Droid X coming from Vzw since it was billed to my VZW account...
    08-29-2010 08:30 PM
  20. timjmayer's Avatar
    Yeah, MINE IS GOING BACK tuesday. I am tempted to see what i get charged for it...The receipt said 199.00 but I dont trust it...

    I like the X alot,,but not enought to risk @ 600 charge
    08-29-2010 10:23 PM