Should I purchase Launcher Pro Plus or wait for Froyo?

jazz_nh

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Im really want Launcher pro plus on my Droid X 2.1. Will I be wasting my money buy purchasing it if Froyo will give that type of UI ? Will Froyo give that UI type or keep the 2.1 feel ?

DroidEye22

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Look at vids about Droid 2 and the UI on it's pretty much the droid x, and if you don't like it buy launcher pro plus which I believe doesn't lag my Droid X

Trantzz

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I love Launcher Pro Plus. Best $ 3.00 ever! I loaded standard Launcher Pro on my Wifes D2 and her phone is much snappier then it was stock. If you like LP at all I would go for it.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've owned both the droid 2 & now the X...the UI, is basically identicle.
I also owned launcher pro plus on both as well...love it.
Very smooth & customizable.

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I would say to get Pro before he adds enough features to justify raising the price. As everyone else has said, the interface will be practically indentical, and Moto\Ninja\Philblur is not exactly the grandest UI enhancement out there. I would try the free version for a week, and if you don't like it, don't bother, if you do like it, pay for it and enjoy the extra perks and widgets.

I've bought it. I love it. I'm not going back to blur.

(Droid X, with 2.2)

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
As greydarrah said just download the free version for now to see if you like it.

I guarantee you will like it :)

It's the best launcher imo. Super fast and smooth, and very customizable.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd certainly advocate trying the free version first, but like many in this thread I'd say it's the best $3 I've spent.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll add my +++ to these comments. I have LP+ now, after taking it off once and re-installing it. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but I recommend cleaning off your home screens before you install LP+. It zaps whatever you have and you start all over populating your home screens. However, if you un-install LP+, your original screens reappear, which means they are still there, somewhere in the electronic ether, while LP+ is operating.

I found, on my first install, there were lags and apparent conflicts with certain widgets that I had on the original screen and then again on the LP+ screen. Have had no problems since re-installing over blank screens on the stock UI. Outstanding app!!!

I also recommend the Extended Controls app which enables even further customization of basic operations at a convenient touch. This, LP+ and Vignette are the three best app investments!

Thanks to you all for answering the Froyo question. I, too, was wondering if there would be problems or duplications. Everything is running so smoothly now.

samuryan_x

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I love launcher pro plus, best app I have purchased so far, I love all the customization options on lpp so far, even when we get the froyo update I will still be using lpp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In fact, with Froyo LPP+ gets better, as its contacts widget will work the way it's supposed to, with the pop up window offering you a choice of call, text, email, etc (Motorola saw fit to include implement this feature of the OS this time around I guess).

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
LauncherProPlus isn't available in the market because the developer lives in a country that Google does not allow to be the source if paid apps. You have to go to http://www.launcherpro.com and pay through paypal.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just get it. it is now in the Android Market contrary to what others have said. It's three bucks or if you must use the free version. Much better than the stock interface. Much more flexible plus faster and smoother than the stock interface.

LauncherPro ?

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
O ok, thanks! whats the benefits of plus?

LPP gets custom widgets that you don't get with the free version, and they are really nice. Also, more widgets are to come, and once they are all out the price would increase, maybe twicefold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol