DROID X OR INCREDIABLE

mrberger

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm can't decide between the X or Incrediable. Can someone tell me the difference besides the screen size and the fact that the X have HDMI?

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm can't decide between the X or Incrediable. Can someone tell me the difference besides the screen size and the fact that the X have HDMI?

Dx Pros.

Bigger battery
Longer Battery Life
Better GPU
Better camera (But probably harder to get great pictures)
Thinner profile
3 Microphones
Better Build feel and probably better materials used.
Better screen for the outdoors.
Better antenna (More like the Dinc's is really iffy)
Comes with more memory (24GB)

Incredible Pro's
Unlocked Bootloader
Better screen for indoors
More pocket friendly
Sense (imho is better then Philiblur)
Lighter

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you live in a coverage challenged area, the X gets better phone reception, which leads to better battery time. I prefer the Incredible, mostly because of the size, but had to trade it for the X, due to dropped/missed calls.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Topweasel is spot on with his points.

Being a Droid X owner, I can't comment much on the Incredible, but my cousin does have it and he loves his so the best piece of advice I have to give is to go to the Verizon store, feel them both out and see which one fits you more.

There is a significant difference in battery life though, so take that into consideration when comparing them subjectively.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the DINC...and looked at the X later on...it has hard keys vs soft keys at the bottom, but Sense vs Blur imho Sense wins.

I have no reception issues (yes bars display lower # than X but that doesn't mean anything)

3 microphones is a nice feature of the X.

The DINC feels like it's cheaply made, but it's not...

It's all preference. Best thing to do is check them out in a store.

mrberger

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I may go with the X due to the battery life. I don't want have to carry my charger everywhere I go. Switching over from a Blackberry so this should be fun. Wish they had the X instock.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I feel that the X is pocket friendly. That was actually one of my worries, but even though I have mine in the case/holster combo(with a belt clip as well), it feels great in my pocket.

I think you really can't go wrong with either. I would have gotten an Incredible if I had been eligible for an annual upgrade sooner. I was eligible 10 days before the X came out, and there were no Incredibles to be found. I figured I would go for the X and trade for the Incredible if I didn't like it. I didn't like it... I love it!

eckster

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the incredible to the X. The incredible is a great phone and the UI is more polished. However, between the poor signal/missed phone calls and the really bad battery life I exchanged it for the X. I do not live in a poor coverage area, yet I had several dropped calls in the incredible when I never had a single dropped call on any of my previous VZW phones and blackberries. In addition, with the incredible, I would have about 50% battery by the end of the day without even using the phone. Now, with the X, I have 90% battery by the end of the day and much better phone quality.

In terms of its size, sure the incredible is smaller and fits easier into a pocket. However, any guy out there that gets the X and can't fit it into their pocket - you are wearing pants way to small/tight.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
In terms of its size, sure the incredible is smaller and fits easier into a pocket. However, any guy out there that gets the X and can't fit it into their pocket - you are wearing pants way to small/tight.

QFT!!!!!! :p

I can also second your statement about battery life. If I just leave my phone alone for the most part all day (maybe send/receive 20 texts) I end the day with 90% charge very easily. It has amazing battery life, and thats with the stock battery. I can't wait for that 3500mah seidio monster. I don't care how thick it is, it's freaking 3500mah!!!!

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Definitely the X

Better cpu
Better Gpu
Better battery life
Better build
Better reception
Bigger screen (and its still pocketable)

Incredible has sense ui over the x but I prefer launcher pro and adw. Always switch between em on my Evo.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Definitely the X

Better cpu
Better Gpu
Better battery life
Better build
Better reception
Bigger screen (and its still pocketable)

Incredible has sense ui over the x but I prefer launcher pro and adw. Always switch between em on my Evo.

X marks the spot. The X is better than the Incredible in all regards, even Sense UI. I had the Hero, and was not a fan of Sense. I actually used the stock android ui instead.

As for launchers, try Helix. It's so smooth!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Obviously you want the x, why else would you pose this question in the x forum?

You want us to tell you how great the x is so you can feel good about getting it...pull the trigger and get the x...its amazing

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i have the incredible but i am getting an x. have no reception issues with the inc and it is actually quite durable. the screen is not good at all for outdoors. battery life truly sucks on the inc. i can't say anything about the x until i have it!

wayne

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the x before I had the incrediable I gave it to my wife to me the incrediable felt faster that's just me.only after rooting the x it feels faster I say the htc.

Sent from my DROIDX

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the x before I had the incrediable I gave it to my wife to me the incrediable felt faster that's just me.only after rooting the x it feels faster I say the htc.

Sent from my DROIDX

Anyone else see something funny about this?

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the X and my wife has the Inc

My wife "likes" her Inc but all I hear is complaints from her mainly battery life and I hate sense personally.
4.3 inches of beautiful pixels
Thats 4.3 inches of web surfing, game playing, video watching.
Bottomline go to a Verizon store and play with them but I'm pretty sure you will pick the X.